At present, scalability, privacy protection, distributed storage, consensus mechanisms, governance mechanisms, cross-chain interconnection and other technologies are still the problems faced by most teams in the process of developing and applying blockchain.
Challenges are opportunities, and technical bottlenecks in every segment have the potential to generate billions of blockchain projects.
The same is true. In terms of scalability, the EOS, which is known as TPS, can easily become a synonym for blockchain 3.0, and it has long been in the top ten positions of the cryptocurrency market value. In terms of privacy protection, privacy coins such as Grin, Beam and Sero became the new favorite of investors in 2019. In terms of cross-chain, Cosmos and Polkadott are almost synonymous with cross-chain.
- Cross-chain is not only a wave card, how much do you know about cross-chain projects?
- Depth | How to cross-chain assets?
- Technology Perspectives | How to solve the problems and challenges of all current cross-chain solutions?
- It’s hot for half a year, what’s going on now?
- Talk about MOV than the three major heads of the original chain: Fully promote the cross-chain DeFi landing, the world blockchain conference released cross-chain test network
What would you think if a project claimed to break through all of the above technical bottlenecks?
Recently, at the first AMA launched by ChainNode , we saw a blockchain project called Dimension, claiming that it can not only integrate distributed storage, hybrid consensus mechanism, privacy protection, encryption algorithm, cross-chain and other technical solutions. There is also a leading community governance mechanism to achieve a multi-dimensional efficient and convenient blockchain application service network from technology to business.
We must know that the main high-performance EOS, the main online line has more than 1 year, the latest TPS is only 4,000, far from the original promotion of the million-level TPS. The MimbleWimble-based Beam and Grin face security issues such as hijacking of trading middlemen. Cross-chain represents cosmos also has a high degree of network governance centralization, SDK has exposed security vulnerabilities and other issues.
It can be seen that it is not easy to simply mature on a technical track.
Dimension describes three technical features in the white paper:
1. Chaotic system CHAOS (Cross-Hybrid Automated Operating System) . Contains core modules: Hybrid Consensus HPoS, Dynamic Node Dynamic Node, Cross Consensus Engine Consensus X. The chaotic system combines the advantages of multiple consensus algorithms, realizes the scalable adaptive network witness node through the dynamic node, and realizes the plug-in algorithm under the network operation, allowing the consensus to switch.
2. Distributed Commercial Framework DeCommerce . Focusing on commercial-grade distributed service networks, the basic business framework is continuously explored and expanded. With the distributed data storage system chain DeCloud in the Dimension distributed commercial framework DeCommerce, the distributed computing framework DeRender supports and implements the data trading platform DeTrade, providing a multi-party collaboration scenario for the business and ensuring data privacy and new blockchain data. Trading services.
3. Multi-side chain Dimension-X . Through the multi-side chain Dimension-E/Dimension-D/Dimension-S, the distributed commercial model is built for multiple domains, providing more positive industry solutions; and based on a stable and flexible technical architecture, adaptive and rapid deployment , greatly reducing the risks and costs of distributed commercial use.
With the above three killers, Dimension said that it can effectively solve the technical bottleneck of the current blockchain. In particular, the cross-chain solution and the high performance of 10K+ depicted in the white paper are called “cross-chain EOS” by community members.
Is there really two brushes or a concept of hype? Members of the ChainNode community have “tortured” the project’s CEO, Fernando Liu.
What are the advantages of the hybrid consensus protocol?
Although the single consensus is convenient and easy to maintain, there are many disadvantages in the efficiency and security of memory block generation. Therefore, Dimension proposed a new hybrid consensus mechanism HPoS that integrates DFTS BFT.
This non-mainstream consensus mechanism has raised questions from community members, such as how it differs from DPOS and what optimizations have been made in the Byzantine Fault Tolerance Algorithm (BFT).
In this regard, Fernando Liu explained:
The hybrid consensus HPoS is divided into two phases. The first phase is DPoS+PBFT, and the second phase is DPoS+RobustBFT. RobustBFT is an evolution consensus algorithm based on HotStuff, which has stronger stability and fault tolerance. Simply put, this is a hybrid DPoS that sees the flaws in DPoS governance and proposes improvements. The advantage is to prevent over-centralization, prevent the block nodes from being controlled by capital, and reduce the dependence of the main network on the number of nodes. It has a good support for the stability of the blockchain network, fault tolerance and robustness against malicious attacks.
The difference between EOS and Polkadot
According to Fernando Liu, “cross-chain version of EOS” is the name of the community, and Dimension is positioned as a commercial-grade application service network. Compared with EOS, the difference between the two is reflected in the governance and technical models:
In terms of governance differences , EOS users cannot directly earn revenue after voting. Dimension's approach is to get Staking benefits directly after the user votes. EOS is a fixed block node. The number of nodes in Dimension is dynamic, and it is adjusted according to the total number of participating nodes. This ensures that the governance is more discrete.
From the technical model , Dimension upgrades PBFT to RBFT, which is HotStuff, which has a good support for the stability of the blockchain network, fault tolerance and robustness against malicious attacks.
As for Polkadot, Fernando Liu believes that Polkadot grew up from the ETH community. Dimension has fully participated in the EOS main network startup and has a better understanding of the entire ecosystem of EOS.
Where is the mixed consensus cross-chain application scenario?
Because the vision proposed in Dimension's white paper is too grand, and the technical difficulties involved are too broad, some community members question whether the mixed consensus cross-chain has actual business scenarios, or whether the concept of the current fire is mixed together .
According to Fernando Liu, Dimension has done a lot of POCs in projects such as finance, banking, and insurance. In the toB service, DPoS is easy, and PoW or PoS is used in the toC service.
Take a joint catering company as an example, they sent digital credits to users in digital currency. Direct stores and franchisees are different. DPoS is used for settlement between stores and stores. It is hoped that users will use PoW when they participate. This is still simple. If the restaurant group has multiple brands or is affiliated with a larger financial group, the settlement clearing room cooperation unit is more complicated. Therefore, at different business levels, data cross-chain transactions and settlements are required, and cross-consensus. At this point, a hybrid consensus based on the switching between multiple consensus data on the chain is necessary.
As for the hot concept of cross-chain, privacy protection, and distributed computing, Fernando Liu believes that these technologies are the basis for the future formation of blockchain networks. "We are in the early stage of rapid development of technology. Many times, everyone's views are all the same. With the experience of serving dozens of large enterprises, the business logic is complex and multi-dimensional, and we want to fully implement the technology. Technology is essential."
According to Fernando Liu, the cross-chain part is expected to be launched in Q4 this year, with priority support for mainstream blockchains such as BTC, ETH, EOS, and ADA. On the commercial side, Dimension has signed a number of MOUs (Memorandum of Understanding), and this year is a year of expansion.