Asset assets managed by Grayscale Investments, a digital asset management fund, reached a record high of $2.7 billion.
According to Grayscale's "Second Quarter Digital Asset Investment Report for 2019" released on July 16, the company managed more than $2.7 billion in cryptocurrency assets as of July 15, 2019. Therefore, this figure marks the fact that the assets managed by the company have nearly tripled since the last quarter.
- Gray scale increased bitcoin to 285,000, Wall Street capital is "flooding" into the currency market?
- Halved + Federal Reserve flood, the best show time for Bitcoin whales is here!
- Over 600 million U.S. dollars invested in a year, 71% from institutions, Grayscale annual report reveals Bitcoin trends
- Grayscale Fund: Institutional interest is not diminished, 84% of the capital inflows in the third quarter of this year came from non-encrypted hedge funds
- The first securities based on the cryptocurrency market was approved! Grayscale: The agency is still curious about cryptocurrencies
- Grayscale Q3 Report: Investment inflows exceeded $250 million this quarter, a twofold increase from the previous quarter
Grayscale's overall performance in the second quarter
Grayscale said in the report that the company's total investment in single assets and diversified investment products in the second quarter of 2019 was $84.8 million, almost double the previous quarter. The company noted that new investment in the cryptocurrency sector is one of the main drivers of the recent surge in cryptocurrency prices.
Among investors, institutional investors accounted for the highest proportion of Grayscale's total product demand, reaching 84% since July 2018. There has also been a significant increase in competition for coin investments, with capital inflows accounting for 24% of total capital inflows in the second quarter, compared to 1% in the first quarter.
70% of the investment is for investors to convert the tokens they already hold into shares in Grayscale products. Overall, on the surface, the second quarter marked the first positive quarterly performance of all 10 Grayscale investment vehicles.
As previously reported, as of July 9, Grayscale's Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) grew nearly 300% year-on-year. Compared with the mainstream investment reflected in the S&P 500 index (18.7%) and the global Dow Jones index (12.9%), the trust fund's yield so far this year is 296%, an astonishing increase.
However, as of the end of June, Grayscale held 225,316 bitcoins, slightly less than 1.3% of the total circulating supply of Bitcoin. Bitcoin inflows (the number of bitcoins held by GBTC) are hitting lows, indicating a decline in institutional interest . The GBTC premium is currently around 30% and has begun to decline, indicating a shift in market sentiment.
Also this month, Grayscale reinstated the private placement of the GBTC shares and now regularly provides daily subscriptions to qualified investors (under Section 501(a) of the Securities Act).