To a large extent, the Ethereine ecosystem ended the process of licking wounds at the end of last year after experiencing a sharp drop from a record high in 2018. Discussions around the bear market have gradually given way to the perception that despite the volatility of market prices, the friction of the entire industry has caused the cryptocurrency to thaw in winter, demonstrating a strong, stable and growing ecosystem. . Especially for Ethereum, it has been like a vibrant, attractive and rising tornado since 2019, sweeping the entire blockchain and cryptocurrency ecology.
So far, how good this is. And we have just finished halfway.
- Jia Nan’s coronation moment
- Mind Reading: Extracting "Knowledge" from Zero Knowledge Proof
- BMW, GM, etc., the world's top five automakers, collaborate to test block identity-based automotive identity systems
- Case editing | Which industries have been innovated in the blockchain of one night?
- Viewpoint | IEO is moving towards death, and the blockchain financing model is imminent!
- Facebook did not start Libra, but launched a currency war
Ethereum has more than 70 million unique addresses, of which 16 million (16%) were created since the beginning of the year.
On June 1 this year, there were 616,000 active addresses on the Ethereum network , the busiest day on the Internet since 2019.
The current total supply of ETH is 106 million, with an average of 2.28 ETH per address. If the top 500 addresses with the most ETHs are excluded (the ETHs held by these addresses account for 37% of the total supply), the average ETH holding for each of the other addresses is 1.43 ETH.
Adoption of the enterprise
The announcement of the Libra project is full of emphasis on protecting the privacy of user data, although it is also full of its own ideology, regulatory and technical considerations.
PegaSys, powered by ConsenSys, released the Pantheon 1.1 version of the enterprise client  in April this year, which introduces Trusted Compute and the privacy protection component Orion, specifically addressing the existence of the enterprise for Ethereum. Privacy concerns.
In May of this year, EY (Ernst & Young) released a set of standards and agreements for improving private transactions in the Ethereum public blockchain. Ernst & Young named the agreement Nightfall and published it on GitHub . Committed to allowing businesses and individuals to perform ERC 20 and ERC 721 token transactions in the Ethereum network "completely private."
Some consulting companies and research companies have shown us a quick exploration of the blockchain . According to a June report by US consulting firm Gartner , the report estimates that by 2025, the blockchain will add $176 billion worth to businesses and will increase by $3.1 trillion by 2030. Gartner estimates that of this $3.1 trillion, about $1 trillion in funding will come from improvements and opportunities between the company and between companies through blockchain technology. See below:
Increased government attitude
The Luxembourg government supports blockchain startups through projects such as Mind & Market, Horizon 2020, LHofT, Letzblock and Luxinnovation; Germany supports the country's blockchain project through the country's blockchain association Blockchain Bundesverband ; Swiss government The blockchain project in the country is also funded through the Blockchain Federation .
Some regional government blockchain programs are exploring specific use cases: a project in Georgia is using blockchains to simplify land registration frameworks ; China's Changzhou has partnered with Alibaba to study blockchain technology The potential to protect medical data ; the Australian government is also using blockchain to provide traceability to the country's major sugar exports .
Dozens of local and central banks are actively promoting blockchain-based projects to address some of the long-standing efficiency issues :
In response to excessive remittance costs, Union Bank launched the i2i project; the Brazilian Central Bank is currently exploring a distributed ledger for Interbank Payments Emergency and Resilience Systems (Project SALT)  and a decentralized information exchange platform. (Project PIER);
The Bank of Thailand, the South African Reserve Bank and the Monetary Authority of Singapore have created projects to use the digital currency issued by the central bank (CBDC) to study alternatives to today's banking systems. Sexual scheme
At the end of 2018, The World Bank issued the first blockchain bond “bond-i”, which raised $110 million in two-year bonds, marking the first time that investors have managed entirely through blockchain technology. Trading to support the development activities of the World Bank.
The United States is conducting extensive exploration to clarify rules and regulations related to blockchain . For example, the Governor of Wyoming signed the HB0070 law in February 2019, authorizing the Secretary of State to develop and implement a blockchain-based file system for business entities and business documents ; in March 2019, the Governor of South Dakota signed the HB1196 Act, The definition of blockchain technology is provided for specific purposes ; Arkansas has also signed a bill (HB 1944) that stipulates that contracts containing smart contract terms related to transactions are undeniable in their legal validity and validity. Or enforceability .
Often, the public sector is slow to innovate. More governments are expected to publicly acknowledge the feasibility of exploring blockchain technology in the future.
Venture capital is double betting
In April this year, Reuters reported that, by 2019, venture capital institutions have invested nearly $1 billion (approximately $850 million) in blockchain startups, making today's wind investment in the entire ecosystem expected to exceed 2018. A record annual record of $2.4 billion.
In 2018, the record investment amounted from 117 venture capitales, and this year's investment of 850 million US dollars came from only 13 venture capitales, which indicates that the investment amount of each transaction has increased, and it also indicates that the venture capital institution is in the district. Blockchain technology is more assured.
Reuters reports also pointed out that venture capital will not directly enter cryptocurrency or tokens, which indicates that venture capital institutions are still hesitant to enter the trading market . In the near future, we may continue to see that such high-risk investments remain in the area of individual traders and high-risk private funds. Instead, venture capital will flow to projects and teams that support ecosystem growth . In other words, Reuters mentioned that tokenization is one of the main interests of venture capital institutions in terms of the potential of decentralized technology.
Developer Community & Events
Ganache is the second product of Truffle. Ganache is a private Ethereum blockchain client for developers that can be used to deploy, develop, test, and test code locally. Since its release in October 2017, the number of downloads of this product has reached 1227,844, and in June 2019, the number of downloads reached 79,546.
Battle of Dapp
Instead, the Dapp industry has evolved into a cluster of both early and more mature projects , all of which are dig deep into Dapp's use cases to meet the greatest demands, achieve the best UX and maintain optimal security.
Broadly speaking, in the past year, financial Dapp (including exchanges, DeFi, etc.) has become the focus of Dapp developers .
Of the top 50 Dapps ranked by Dapp status (based on "Multiple factors including active users, tx volume, developer activity, CTR, and user recommendations"), 29 Dapps are based on Ethereum .
- Of the top 50 financial Dapps, 42 are based on Ethereum, including MakerDAO and OmiseGO.
- Of the top 50 exchange-like Dapps, 44 are based on Ethereum, including Augur and Uniswap.
- Of the top 50 securities Dapps, 42 are based on Ethereum, including Quantstamp.
- Of the top 50 development Dapps, 43 are based on Ethereum, including Kauri, Golem and Cryptozombie.
Perhaps most illustratively, of all the categories and platforms, 44 (88%) of the top 50 Dapps with the most active developer activity are based on Ethereum; according to statistics from the State of the Dapps, Ethereum still has the strongest developer community. See below:
Looking to the future
Serenity Phase 0 (Beacon Chain) is scheduled to start in early 2020. Serenity will undoubtedly become Ethereum as Ethereum core developers and broader ecosystems turn their attention to the realization of PoS and the commitment to enhance Ethereum's expansion. And the blockchain community was hotly discussed in the second half of 2019.
Disclaimer: The content set forth above represents only the views of the author and does not constitute any investment advice or advice.
- : https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/ethereum-activeaddresses.html?source=post_page
- : https://media.consensys.net/the-constantinople-hard-fork-what-you-need-to-know-d438a91dec3f?source=post_page
- : https://pegasys.tech/privacy-in-pantheon-how-it-works-and-why-your-enterprise-should-care/?source=post_page
- : https://github.com/EYBlockchain/nightfall?source=post_page
- : https://media.consensys.net/gartner-blockchain-will-deliver-3-1-trillion-dollars-in-value-by-2030-d32b79c4c560?source=post_page
- : https://media.consensys.net/deloitte-95-of-companies-surveyed-are-investing-in-blockchain-tech-5566f4942b5d?source=post_page
- : https://cointelegraph.com/news/goldman-sachs-ramps-up-development-of-new-secret-crypto-project
- : https://bundesblock.de/?source=post_page
- : http://blockchainfederation.ch/?source=post_page
- : https://www.e-zigurat.com/innovation-school/blog/governments-blockchain-initiatives/?source=post_page
- : https://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1162/inov_a_00276?source=post_page
- : https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-trends/Alibaba-leads-China-s-drive-to-secure-new-blockchain-technologies?source=post_page
- : https://cryptovest.com/news/australias-government-backs-blockchain-sugar-sustainability-project/?source=post_page
- : https://www.bcb.gov.br/htms/public/microcredito/Distributed_ledger_technical_research_in_Central_Bank_of_Brazil.pdf?source=post_page
- : https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2018/08/23/world-bank-prices-first-global-blockchain-bond-raising-a110-million?source= Post_page
- : https://www.wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2019/HB0070?source=post_page
- : https://sdlegislature.gov/Legislative_Session/Bills/Bill.aspx?Bill=1196&Session=2019&source=post_page
- : http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/2019/2019R/Pages/BillInformation.aspx?measureno=HB1944&source=post_page
- : https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c745b19c2ff6174b1290e42/t/5c805a3ae4966b1ce3a2a937/1551915603922/The+Dev+Report.pdf?source=post_page
- : https://www.trufflesuite.com/dashboard?source=post_page
- : https://www.stateofthedapps.com/stats/category/finance#new
- : https://www.stateofthedapps.com/stats/category/finance#new