Recently, CoinGecko released a market research report for the second quarter of 2019, which analyzed and summarized the performance of the cryptocurrency market, the Libra project, the IEO project in the market, and the overall situation of Dapp.
The report pointed out that in the second quarter of 2019, as the price of bitcoin rose, the entire cryptocurrency industry became active.
- Depth: Where is the culprit behind the current market crash?
- In the past week, the total amount of Bitcoin’s large transactions plummeted by 97%. What does this mean?
- Let’s listen to Jiang Zhuoer and Lu Haiyi’s understanding of the relationship between bitcoin price and computing power, as well as the price trend of this round.
- Resumption | The halving is approaching, the recovery after the global plunge, how many points can Bitcoin play in this crisis?
- Bitcoin is more concerned than Trump, Kardashian and Tesla
- Netizen brain time: Can Bitcoin really reach $1 million?
The report not only analyzes the status of the cryptocurrency industry in the second quarter of 2019, but also summarizes the major events that occurred in the first half of 2019, including the theft of the currency security and the world-famous Libra project.
31QU translation has compiled some contents about the cryptocurrency market, IEO, etc. for readers' reference.
The highlights are as follows:
1. As the market warms, the total market value of cryptocurrency has increased by about 200 billion US dollars since the second quarter of 2019, an increase of 125.1% from the previous quarter.
2. The price of Bitcoin has doubled, and the total search volume of “bitcoin” on Google exceeds “stock”.
3. Half of the funds raised through the IEO belong to the five major exchanges of Gate, Binance, Okex, Huobi and Bittrex.
4. The number of lightning network nodes increased by 99% compared with the beginning of the year.
5. Dapp transactions in the second quarter of 2019 totaled more than $3 billion.
Remarks: The content in the text does not constitute investment advice.
1. The total market value of cryptocurrency increased by approximately 200 billion US dollars.
Since the second quarter of 2019, on the whole, the total market capitalization and transaction volume of the cryptocurrency market has risen rapidly, up 125.1% from the previous quarter, about 200 billion US dollars; in addition, the transaction volume of cryptocurrency has also turned over from the previous quarter. Something.
Changes in the total market capitalization and trading volume of the cryptocurrency market in the second quarter of 2019
2. The total amount of “Bitcoin” search exceeded “stock” for the first time.
In the second quarter of 2019, compared with the previous quarter, the top four cryptocurrencies showed a large positive growth in all cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin accounts for 65% of the entire cryptocurrency market and is in an absolute dominant position. Bitcoin soared from $4,103 to $10,888, an increase of 165%; Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin cash also returned more than 100%. The fifth-ranked XRP did not perform well, rising only 28%.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash price increases in the second quarter of 2019
In addition, the report also mentioned that according to the total amount of search, in the financial field, the total amount of “bitcoin” search exceeded the total amount of “stock” for the first time. At present, the total amount of “bitcoin” search is slightly more than “stock”. ".
Google's "bitcoin", "stock" average search volume trend chart
3. The top five IEO projects raised more than 10 million US dollars
In the first half of 2019, the five projects of the wiki chain WayKiChain, Lambda, PDATA TOKEN, block cloud BLOCK CLOUD, and Firecoin Top Network raised more than 10 million US dollars. The funds raised by these five projects accounted for all IEO projects. 31%.
The CoinGecko report also pointed out that the funds raised by the IEO project seem to have a $20 million ceiling. The wiki chain WayKiChain, which raised the most funds among the five projects mentioned above, is also only $18.5 million.
Proportion of funds raised by various IEO projects in the first half of 2019
In addition, in the first half of 2019, half of the funds raised through the IEO belonged to the five major exchanges of Gate, Binance, Okex, Huobi and Bittrex. Among them, Gate Exchange launched 8 IEO projects, raising more than 45 million US dollars.
For the return on investment of the IEO project, the Bitforex exchange of 8 IEO projects was also launched in the first half of the year. The return on investment obtained through IEO was -37%; only the ZBG and ZB exchanges of one IEO project were launched. The return on investment obtained through the IEO project was as high as 80.23% and 553.15% respectively.
Schematic diagram of ROI obtained by different exchanges through IEO projects
4, lightning network capacity increased by nearly 100% compared with the beginning of the year
In the first half of 2019, the number of lightning network nodes nearly doubled and the capacity increased by 87%. In addition, bitcoin, which has been locked in the lightning network, has nearly doubled this year.
The only reduction was in June of this year, when Bitcoin rose to $12,000, and some users took out Bitcoin and sold it.
Lightning network capacity and number of nodes change trend chart
The report mentions that the lightning network node was only reduced in the first half of 2019.
5, Dapp transaction volume totals more than 3 billion US dollars
In the second quarter of 2019, Dapp added 484 Dapps overall, with more than 1 million active players and Dapp totaling more than $3 billion. Of the 1460 active Dapps, nearly half run on Ethereum, running on EOS and TRON. The amount of Dapp transactions on the company exceeded $1 billion.
The proportion of Dapp active users, types and transactions in the second quarter of 2019
Text / small shell