On August 27th, at the 2019 China International Intelligent Industry Expo, the China Telecom Blockchain and Digital Economy Joint Lab released the White Paper on Blockchain Smart Phones in the 5G Times (hereinafter referred to as the “White Paper”).
The white paper describes a blockchain application ecosystem created by China Telecom, which uses the unique decentralization technology to lead the new revolution in the digital economy, providing a more secure hardware infrastructure for 5G mobile phones, making 5G mobile phones gradually become decentralized computing and data. The nodes form a new value transmission network that shapes the mobile phone using a secure ecosystem.
The white paper pointed out that the data assets that people can master in the 5G era will increase geometrically multiplely regardless of the amount of data or the type and dimension of the data. In the 5G era, the wide-ranging connection between people and things, things and things is ushered in. The blockchain can take advantage of smart contracts because of its natural advantages of intelligent contract automation, real-time settlement of value and usage, transaction traceability, and tamper resistance. Automatically form contracts with a large number of units and people and settle in real time, which not only solves the problem of trust, but also saves a lot of manpower and time costs.
- In the 5G era, everything is on the chain
- The 5G era is just around the corner, and the ancestors will see the possible future changes of the blockchain.
- 5G Chain Network Industry Innovation Summit Message: How does the blockchain empower physical business?
- 8 questions text version | ICT Golden Key: ID may trigger large-scale application of blockchain
- Looking at the blockchain from the history of communication development: Where is the wealth opportunity of the blockchain industry now?
- China's 5G chain network industry summit 丨 Libra and the central bank digital currency sub-forum to see first
The white paper also writes that the current blockchain mobile phones have not yet been widely produced. Most of the existing blockchain mobile phone merchants have used blockchain wallets to speculate on the market hotspots, and have not made breakthroughs in blockchain technology. These have hindered their widespread use in the market because of the poor performance of existing blockchain phones.
The white paper pointed out that China Telecom's blockchain and digital economy joint lab built a blockchain innovation underlying infrastructure platform, and developed a SIM card-based blockchain digital asset management system. The SIM card is the traffic entry for digital asset management and is a digital asset. The trading platform is a real-name digital asset social ecology; it integrates a card multi-function, that is, a combination of communication function and non-communication function; has released 2 standards, developed 17 core models, 15 nuclear algorithms, and 1 software work. Achieve the digital asset docking technology of heterogeneous blockchains, and realize the docking of digital assets of Ethereum and ERC20 blockchains through network, application and data in a full-node manner, which can be seamlessly coupled to any mobile phone terminal of any manufacturer; Collaborate to achieve the connection, acquisition, and transaction functions of multiple blockchain digital assets; in the future, we will work together with mobile phone manufacturers to build an ecosystem to create a 5G blockchain mobile phone that is safe and suitable for users.
According to the white paper, 5G blockchain mobile phones have five application scenarios: digital identity authentication, financial applications, supply chain traceability applications, judicial applications and express delivery applications.
1. Digital Identity Authentication : Blockchain technology provides a new technology route for decentralized digital identity. It can verify the identity of users through an identity ID. Users do not need to remember traditional authentication like username and password. mark. Any website can use ID as a way to log in as a user, and it can also act as an ID identity provider, which solves the problem without relying on a centralized website to confirm digital identity.
2. Financial application : In the field of credit information, the advantage of 5G blockchain mobile phone is that it can automatically record credit related information by means of program algorithm, which is transparent, non-tamperable and low in cost. When a commercial bank applies for a loan, the lending institution can directly complete the credit information by directly retrieving the corresponding information data of the digital identity of the 5G blockchain mobile phone after obtaining the user's authorization, without having to go to the central bank to apply for the credit information inquiry. Reducing legal compliance costs and preventing financial crimes, customer information and transaction records recorded in blockchains help banks identify unusual transactions and effectively prevent fraud.
3. Supply chain traceability application : Blockchain technology relies on the existence of non-tamperable data, transaction traceability and time stamp proof of existence mechanism, 5G blockchain mobile phone as a carrier, can well solve the participation in the supply chain system In the disputes arising from the tampering of data, the party can achieve effective accountability and product anti-counterfeiting, and can open up procurement, production, logistics, sales, and supervision.
4. Judicial application : 5G blockchain mobile phones can introduce real-time dimensions into electronic data through consensus algorithms. Safeguard the secure storage of electronic evidence and not to tamper with it. The blockchain-based electronic evidence generation, storage, extraction and verification system will be able to guarantee the authenticity and authenticity of electronic data as evidence, thus confirming the authenticity and legal validity of Internet behavior.
5. Express industry application : (1) Delivery information security, 5G blockchain mobile phone can use digital signature and public and private key encryption and decryption mechanism, can fully guarantee the security of sender and recipient and other delivery information. In the delivery process, only the mobile phone private key signatures of both parties are required, and it is only necessary to query the blockchain for signing; (2) Product traceability, through the blockchain technology, the entire process of sales and delivery of express goods can be traced, 5G block The real name of the chain mobile phone, when the fake goods are found, can be traced back to the sender, when the fraud occurs, it can be traced, effectively solving the problem of traceability and anti-counterfeiting of the goods.
The white paper pointed out that China Telecom's blockchain and digital economy joint laboratory put forward a key problem in the traditional mobile phone, such as “replacement” fraud, telephone harassment, mobile phone loss, and information unreliability, combined with blockchain and 5G technologies. Blockchain mobile phone research solution for "security platform, independent authentication, multi-level application".
1. Build a 5G blockchain mobile phone security platform
Telecom operators not only have a huge information network and information infrastructure, but also have rich user resources and data resources. The laboratory has built a platform for China Telecom's blockchain and digital economy infrastructure innovation facilities, with 5G technology as the key technology, focusing on research and development of security functions, and can be freely switched to the blockchain security mode on the ordinary mobile phone. In the safe mode, the user's communication and Internet access functions ensure secure privacy protection; communication does not eavesdrop, the Internet does not leave marks, and digital assets are safely operated; various asset safes have high safety factor; the platform can implement cross-chaining and become a block. The basic platform of the chain ecology, similar to the "TCP/IP" protocol, truly realizes the interconnection of various chains.
2. Independent identity authentication: SIM card private key storage, real name loading
The authentication factor is combined with big data AI technology and blockchain technology to carry real-name authentication, and its multiple combinations are used as independent digital identity authentication. Loaded biometrics through measurements of innate authentication factors including measurements of physiological characteristics (eg, facial, voiceprint, fingerprint, iris, etc.) and measurement of behavioral characteristics (eg, handwriting, gait, lip language, typing rhythm, etc.) Used to load blockchain technology when used for authentication.
3. Multi-level security application
(1) Anti-fraud: ensure trust transparency, realize one-to-one correspondence between numbers and identities
One of the future developments of the blockchain is the "Secure Digital ID", which can reduce at least two main types of fraud – roaming fraud and identity leakage. Solution: Implement call transaction chaining for customer target groups, use private key signature, and each time an user triggers an event, a smart contract will be executed, allowing instant authentication and authorization settlement to occur in real time, through technical means such as multi-party intervention. The target group is deceived, and the target group includes highly sensitive people who are safe for calls, such as the military, financial people, etc.; vulnerable groups, such as the elderly.
(2) Anti-harassment: integration of operators and manufacturers data to achieve an anti-harassment ecosystem
Telecommunications will use its large user base to design a two-dimensional solution for anti-harassment and anti-malware. Integrate anti-harassment data such as operators and manufacturers (joint Huawei, 360, millet, vivo, etc.) to achieve anti-harassment system ecosystem, realize data sharing and improve transparency. At the same time, the chain structure of the blockchain is used to trace the user's harassment mark to prevent malicious markup.
(3) Anti-lost: Create a blacklist shared account book, anti-theft and anti-lost
Using blockchain technology to create a trusted IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) blacklist shared account book, all authorized parties can share information and add new entries on the secure network, using blockchain for encryption; When a mobile device is blacklisted, all network operators immediately receive information via block links, making it difficult for criminals to use devices from other providers' SIM cards. If the customer tracks their stolen smartphone or realizes that it is just misplaced, the network operator can be asked to recover the device from the blacklist. This solution allows network operators, smartphone manufacturers, and end users anywhere to identify and disable stolen devices.