August 28 news, according to reports that "the central bank will officially launch digital currency in the next few months", close to the central bank sources responded to Sina Finance said that the above are all inaccurate guesses.
In the early morning of Beijing time, the latest report released by Forbes said that according to informed sources, the People's Bank of China will officially launch digital currency in the next few months, initially to Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, Ali Baba, Tencent and UnionPay are issued by seven institutions. According to a former government official, the central bank's digital currency may be officially launched on November 11 this year. Once this digital currency is launched as scheduled, the People's Bank of China will become the first central bank to officially release digital currency in the world.
- Opinion | a16z: Libra should give up a basket of currencies, only anchored with the dollar
- Why does China have to seize the opportunity to issue central bank digital currency?
- A week of review | Libra received 5 "good guys card", and Telegram wants to receive a certificate
- Bitcoin version 0.19.0 Core client will be officially released, the bech32 address format is enabled by default and BIP70 is disabled.
- Technical Guide | Python Smart Contract Development? It’s enough to read this one.
- Quote analysis: insufficient rebound power, the market has entered a downward trend
According to the former government staff, the central bank’s digital currency technology actually matured last year. Another source who had participated in the development of the central bank's digital currency but declined to be named has confirmed to Forbes that the seven institutions are about to receive new assets.
Source: Sina Finance
Related reports: [Forbes: China's central bank digital currency was first introduced in November this year (full text)]