In its second quarterly report, Grayscale Investments said its managed cryptocurrency assets (AUM) tripled from $926 million to $2.7 billion. Grayscale products such as Grayscale Bitcoin Trust and Grayscale Digital Large Cap Fund reported returns of 178.8% and 147.6%, respectively.
The company pointed out that due to the "inventory loan" (stock exchange) idea, since the second quarter of 2018, the fund's capital inflow has increased significantly, so the quarterly results are strong. The capital inflows reported in the second quarter of 2018 were $42.7 million, almost doubled in the second quarter of 2019 to $84.8 million. The company attributed this significant growth to new investments, “although the gray bitcoin trust funds temporarily closed new investments during May and June.” During this period, bitcoin prices increased while grayscale The Bitcoin Trust Fund is in jeopardy.
- Encrypted asset lending is hot, please compare risk/reward, beware of risk
- Quotes Weekly | USDT Off-market prices go up and stabilize stable currency gains outperform the market?
- Staking new gameplay: the currency of the lock can also be sold
- Introduction to Blockchain | Cryptography in Bitcoin: Fundamentals of Digital Signature and Transfer
- After a year of silence, what changes have happened to the Netease blockchain? | Interview with Babbitt
- Compliance and competitive pressures soared, Tether self-rescue
The report emphasizes that more than 70% of capital inflows are related to the “in-funded loan” contribution of digital assets to grayscale products. The gray-scale “ex-bitcoin trust” (ex Bitcoin Trust) had a capital inflow of only 1% in the first quarter, while the capital inflow for the quarter was 24%. The gray bitcoin trust fund has a capital inflow of 76%; as for the competitive currency products, such as the Grayscale Ethereum Trust and the Grayscale Ethereum Classic Trust, they point to a strong quarter. The Ethereum Trust has a capital inflow of $14 million, while the Ethereum Classic Trust has a capital inflow of $5.5 million.
The interest and investment of institutional investors seems to be growing steadily, the highest proportion of total demand for the company's products since 2018 (84%). For the Grayscale family of 10 products, this quarter received an investment of 84.8 million US dollars, good performance, Grayscale Bitcoin Trust and Grayscale Digital Large Cap Fund (178.8% and respectively) 147.6% of the results lead.