Encrypted domain names are being profitable for squatting sales and illegal possession
- Deputy Director of the Institute of Finance of the Development Research Center of the State Council: Opportunities and Challenges of Digital Currency
- Getting started with blockchain | What is a good digital currency valuation model?
- Uncover the secrets of cryptocurrency algorithm trading
- Bitcoin position analysis: the collapse of the market, the characteristics of various accounts are obvious
- IBM reports: the central bank may launch consumer-use central bank digital currency within five years
- Telegram announces the Grams Wallet Terms of Service, and the encrypted wallet will be integrated into the messaging app.
Ideal encrypted domain names include Blockchain.com, Bitcoin.com, Ethereum.com, Crypto.com, Btc.com and Bitcoin.org. By using a domain value calculator, you can roughly estimate the value of a site. However, this does not mean that the holder is willing to sell these domains at such a price, the tool only gives a rough estimate based on traffic, Alexa and Google data. For example, the owner of Ethereum.com left a message for visitors to the site:
“Ethereum.com was registered on March 11, 2011. It has nothing to do with the blockchain technology of the same name, Ethereum.com is priced at $10 million.”
Since the domain name of the network can be traded, "domain name squatting" has begun. A person buys a list of website names associated with a particular product or industry and then waits for time to sell them. In the encryption industry, the phenomenon of preempting domain names is widespread, and individuals and enterprises in various industries are under pressure to seize domain names. As digital assets become more popular, especially after the 2017 bull market, encryption and blockchain-related websites are being sold at high prices.
Observers witnessed the peak price of encrypted domain names in 2017
Today, a large number of domain names associated with cryptocurrencies are sold in thousands of dollars in various markets. This includes Bitcointranfer.co ($12,000), Coinsbio.com ($1,000), 360crypto.com ($30,000), Block-chain.com.de ($20,000), Btcwallet.club ($10,000) and Tokenpay.es ( $12,000). On Twitter, there are also many people selling cryptocurrency domain names. One person on Twitter said that the domain name Cointistical.com is an "excellent brand domain name that can now be sold." Another person wrote: "The domain name Bitcazino.com is on sale – the words 'Bitcoin' and 'Casino' are very interesting." Account @Dotonlydomans is a company that only sells website names and is selling the domain name Realcomyptocurrency.com.
Website domain name sales related to cryptocurrency rise again
What do you think about the need for cryptocurrency domain names?