1. The Apple App Store’s 500 million weekly visitors made its search results ranked first by all app publishers.
2. The Block conducted four cryptocurrency-related searches in the app store and looked at the top 100 search results to see which cryptocurrency-related apps appear in search results when users search.
- Bakkt Bitcoin contract rose by 257% in a single day, exceeding 1100 copies
- Interpretation: The road to energy saving and emission reduction, from PoW to PoC
- For three years, "blockchain + content" is still in place?
- What is the current status of the blockchain industry? What do experts think? Which industries are the most beneficial? The answer is here!
- Why does China have to seize the opportunity to issue central bank digital currency?
- Calm before the storm? Bitcoin volatility is the lowest in four months
3. We found that the most popular category for cryptocurrency apps is the wallet.
As one of the top two mobile app stores, Apple has a huge impact on which apps end users download and use. Although Apple's main business is selling hardware devices, especially the iPhone, the technology giant's app store accounts for about 45% of the $100 million mobile app store market. Another giant outside of Apple, Google, has a 25% market share. In the United States, these two giants account for 95% of all consumer mobile app spending.
The app store’s 500 million weekly visitors made its search results ranked first by all app publishers. According to Apple, 65% of downloads occur after the app store's search.
In this article, The Block conducted four cryptocurrency-related searches in the app store and looked at the top 100 search results to see which cryptocurrency-related apps appear in search results when users search. Our data involves four search keywords: “Bitcoin”, “Blockchain”, “Ethernet”, and “Cryptographic Currency”.
The mobile-side cryptocurrency wallet is the most common category, accounting for 36% of the top 100 search results for Bitcoin. The second category in the search results is "unrelated", or an application that is completely unrelated to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. The top 20 search results include applications like Bitmoji and Emoji Me Animated Faces.
The top 5 in Bitcoin search results are:
1. Bitcoin Wallet (bitcoin wallet)
4. Blockchain Wallet (blockchain wallet)
Here, the mobile-side cryptocurrency wallet once again occupies the most common category of positions, accounting for 24% of the top 100 search results in the “blockchain”. Conference-related applications and authentication applications (using blockchains to validate the source of documents and products) appear only in search results for the keyword "blockchain." Such applications include Blockchain Conference 2018 and Blockchain Witness.
The top 5 in the "blockchain" search results are:
1.Blockchain Wallet (blockchain wallet)
2.Blockchain The Game
In the search results of "Ethereum", the mobile cryptocurrency wallet still occupies the most common category, accounting for 37% of the top 100 search results. Trading applications (exchanges, investment applications, etc.) rank second in the Ethereum search results common category.
The top 5 in the "Ethereum" search results are:
1.Ethereum Wallet (Ethernet Wallet)
5.Blockchain Wallet (blockchain wallet)
Cryptographic currency application
In this search result, the mobile cryptocurrency wallet still occupies the most common category, accounting for 24% of the top 100 search results of “cryptocurrency”. Trading applications (exchanges, investment applications, etc.) rank second in the common category of "cryptocurrency" search results.
The top 5 in the "cryptocurrency" search results are:
4.Blockchain Wallet (blockchain wallet)
Among the four keywords we searched for, Coinbase and Blockchain Wallet are the only two applications that appear in the top 5 of the search results. The two most popular application categories are wallet and transactional applications. The three most popular application publishers in the four keyword searches were coin security (7 occurrences), Bitcoin.com (6 occurrences), and Coinbase (5 occurrences). [Note 1]
[Note 1] The Trust Wallet is included in the number of occurrences of the currency application. Here is a list of the top 100 application results for our four searches.
Original: The Block STEVEN ZHENG
PANews authorized translation and release