Avalanche (Avalanche) token free access guide, ETH holders are blessed

Ethereum holders are about to usher in a small surprise. The Avalanche, designed by Cornell University professor Emin Gün Sirer's team (AVA Labs), will choose to go through the fork (fork) Ethereum This also means that ETH holders will receive a free candy.

Today, AVA Labs announced the release of the Athereum test subnet on AVA, and Athereum is a "friendly fork" of Ethereum, which uses the same key, EVM and tools from Ethereum, but is obtained through the Avalanche protocol. High scalability.

Simply put, 99% of Athereum comes from Ethereum and the remaining 1% comes from AVA.

AVA Labs

ETH holders will receive a 1:1 Athereum network token

According to AVA Labs officially, the AVA Network is a high-performance, scalable, customizable modular platform that allows developers to create their own sub-networks for publishing, using and trading any type of digital asset. Athereum is the first sub-network supported by the AVA platform to integrate existing virtual assets. Athereum has all the features built into the Ethereum EVM, while its native network token is ATH.

In addition, the officially mentioned "friendly fork" refers to the transfer of Ethereum status at a particular Ethereum level (not yet determined), and all existing Ethereum holders will receive a medium quantity of their ETHs. ATH (equivalent to 1:1 airdrop).

What is the Avalanche (Avalanche) Agreement?

At the moment, Athereum seems to be equivalent to an Ethereum fork coin that uses the Avalanche (avalanche) protocol. So what is this Avalanche agreement?

Simply put, the Avalanche protocol does not rely on proof of effort, it is a type of consensus protocol based on random sampling and metastable decision making. According to the agreement paper, Avalanche combines technologies such as BFT and DAG. The transactions using this protocol can be confirmed in a few seconds. The network can support thousands of nodes to participate in the consensus without the need for subcommittees or reduce the speed of consensus. The theoretical TPS is above 3400, and the actual operation may be different.

Specific agreement introduction can be accessed: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1906.08936.pdf

It is also worth mentioning that AVA Labs is not only developing its own blockchain, they also actively participated in the construction of BCH (Bitcoin cash) not long ago, because the BCH community hopes to enable users to use 0-conf (zero confirmation transaction). Payment, the AVA Labs team proposed that BCH use the Avalanche (avalanche) protocol to pre-negotiate confirmation of 0-conf (zero confirmation transaction), and then rely on the workload proof to achieve the final confirmation of the transaction, which will allow bch to combine the two consensus algorithms. advantage.

The key point is: How to get ATH tokens for free?

As mentioned above, ETH holders will get ATH tokens for free, so how do you get them?

Since ATH is a forked coin, you want to get it 100%, provided you need to extract your own Ether (ETH) into your own wallet and remember the private key.

As of now, AVA Labs has not announced the specific fork time, which requires you to patiently hold the currency, waiting for the official fork to complete, then transfer your own Ethanol to other safe places (assuming that the replay attack protection is done).

After the transfer is complete, you can import the recorded private key into the ATH wallet and receive a free candy.

Of course, major wallet vendors or exchanges may also do this for the user, so that the user does not need or need a simple operation to complete the candy collection.

How is it, is it a little small to look forward to?

In addition, tell everyone good news, on November 8-9, 2019, Professor Emin Gün Sirer will attend the second World Blockchain Conference hosted by Babbitt, Wuzhen, which will be a close look at Avalanche (avalanche). ) Agreement and Athereum's good opportunity.

201910100848478145

World Blockchain Conference·Wuzhen official website (with registration link): https://www.8btc.com/wbc-2019

Reference materials:

1, https://medium.com/avalabs/athereum-ethereum-on-avalanche-consensus-ava-labs-7effcb94b797

2, https://www.saturn.network/blog/what-is-athereum-avalanche-consensus-explained/

3. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1906.08936.pdf