Supporters of the Lightning Network believe that this is a good fit for cryptocurrency exchanges.
- SIBC Lands in Qiantang New District, Hangzhou, Builds Asian Blockchain Project Bridgehead
- Go to the center, go to the intermediary, what type of center and what type of intermediary does the blockchain system remove?
- Alliance Chain Player Consensus: Take orders, card position, live, there is still a long way to go!
- Analysis | Pre-selection and pre-submission mechanisms for Byzantine fault-tolerant consensus
- Pick up IEO! Can Sthum's new gameplay at Bithumb Global Station create the next wave?
- Tether's latest response "Single Whales Drive 2017 BTC Rise": Defective, nonsense, insult to the community
Recently, the exchange has had a great deal of suspicion about inflows, especially after a series of 51% attacks have affected the core technology of certain currencies. It is not uncommon for some exchanges to require 100 nodes for certain currencies due to the double-flowering situation.
Bitcoin transactions on the chain are hard to attack, and the exchange only needs a small amount of confirmation when processing funds. But the lightning network is still in the experimental phase and can lead to unintended consequences.
The capacity of Lightning Networks is still relatively small compared to exchanges that trade millions of Bitcoins per day. As of press time, the capacity of the lightning network is still around 818 BTC.
(Lightning network node, number of channels and capacity, data source: 1ml )
The Lightning Network can achieve Satoshi-level transactions with almost zero cost and no time delays, driving the popularization of Bitcoin micropayments. At a higher level, the exchange's functions usually have a relatively high minimum threshold, and additional fees are charged for small chain transactions.
After joining the lightning network, customers with small funds can easily transfer funds. But so far, no exchange has considered deploying this technology.
Some have pointed out the possibility of concealing transactions because the lightning network nodes are still anonymous and will not track their users. It is also unclear whether the Bitcoin whale is ready to entrust its funds to a network of spontaneous nodes. Losing money is still possible.
The Bitcoin network has nearly $1 billion in chain transactions every day. The lightning network's transaction volume in the past 24 hours is only $6,500, or about 0.7 BTC, because the actual usage is still small.