The issue of copyright has always been a "hot potato". On the one hand, the original authors face problems such as the difficulty of ensuring rights, difficulty in safeguarding rights, and uneven distribution of income . On the other hand, users face high fees, unsatisfactory purchase channels, and "malicious rights protection" by large platforms. And other issues.
Every time a copyright dispute arises, many blockchain enthusiasts and many media will say that " using blockchain technology, copyright issues can be completely solved ." Is it really? Can blockchain technology really solve copyright problems completely?
01 blockchain can be empowered, but not omnipotent
The blockchain technology has the characteristics of openness, transparency, inability to (easy) tampering, traceability, etc. In terms of copyright protection, the blockchain can be empowered, mainly in the following aspects:
- The most heavy chain rule defect: your main chain I am the master
- From 1 to 21, an article captures the role of blockchain in government reports
- Observation ｜ There are no investors in the blockchain project, only sponsors
- Getting started with blockchain | Read P2SH and P2WSH in one article
- Babbitt Site | Super Ledger Beyond Fabric, 15 Projects in Progress, Reward 9 Cases
- 2019 Global Enterprise Blockchain Benchmark Study Report (Full Text)
- Copyright registration: In the copyright registration of original works, the blockchain technology can easily package the time stamp with the author's information, original content information and other metadata, and hash it to generate an electronic voucher. Store related content on the blockchain.
- Copyright and Derivative Transactions: Through blockchain smart contracts, flexible transfer transaction rules can be developed for related copyrights, resulting in “tokenization” of revenues, ultimately decentralized copyright transfer transactions, and even before the creation of the work Start crowdfunding and so on.
- Content community and distribution: Through blockchain technology, content creation, content downloading, content evaluation and recommendation, etc., can all be recorded on the blockchain. Token incentives encourage content creators to create more quality content and encourage users to actively explore and recommend premium content. The benefits of content consumption can also be tracked through blockchain technology, giving authors a reliable return.
Although blockchain technology has a lot to offer in terms of copyright, blockchain technology is not a panacea.
First, the blockchain can only ensure the credibility of the copyright deposit process, and can not guarantee the credibility of the information before the chain. In other words, the content after the chain can be guaranteed not to be tampered with, but before the chain is chained, the blockchain does not prove that the content is original to the uploader rather than the theft, nor can it prove that the uploader owns the copyright.
Second, the blockchain technology can't cure the "washing". Infringement monitoring has always been a major difficulty in copyright protection. For example, in the academic world, in order to avoid paper plagiarism, it is required to “check the weight”, and with the powerful retrieval ability of the paper database, the algorithm can identify whether there is plagiarism. At present, there is no powerful database in the blockchain. Moreover, even if a large number of databases are established for "checking the weight", changing the expression or changing the order of the sentences, it is still possible to "cheat" the review.
02 Blockchain Technology Practice in the Field of Copyright
The application of blockchain technology in the copyright field is constantly advancing.
At the national level, led by the China Copyright Protection Center, based on the DCI standard and the DCI system framework, combined with Sina Weibo, Jingdong, Alibaba, China Judicial Big Data Research Institute and other parties, jointly launched the DCI standard alliance chain, making full use of the block Chain technology empowers copyright protection.
In the judicial aspect, on June 28, 2018, the Hangzhou Internet Court publicly pronounced the case of the theft of the Metro Express work, and confirmed the legal effect of the electronic data using the blockchain technology for the first time. On September 18, 2018, the Hangzhou Internet Court Judicial Blockchain Platform was officially launched. The platform was connected to various nodes such as notary office, judicial appraisal center, Xinhua News Agency and Hangbao Group.
At the micro level, many project teams have used blockchain technology to decentralized content platforms or copyright protection platforms. For example, after the EOS founder BM left the BitShares, Steem, a decentralized social media platform created, is still very active in the bear market.
Blockchain technology is a "magic weapon", and it is indeed very promising in the field of copyright protection, but blockchain technology is not omnipotent. Not all problems can be solved through the blockchain solution. Correctly understand the "capability boundary" of blockchain technology, give full play to the advantages of blockchain, and continuously promote the application of blockchain. The issue of copyright protection will be solved in a day.
Do you know or have encountered any infringements? Welcome to share in the message area.
Author | Fangfang produced | vernacular blockchain (ID: hellobtc)
『Declaration : This series of content is only for the introduction of blockchain science, and does not constitute any investment advice or advice. If there are any errors or omissions, please leave a message. 』