French Digital Affairs Minister Cedric O said he is willing to discuss with the cryptocurrency platform how to use digital currency to make donations to rebuild Notre Dame.
On Wednesday, the French government announced a website in which it was noted that four institutions have been approved to raise funds to rebuild this Gothic representative building. Notre Dame de Paris was burned on Monday due to a fire. No donation channels for Bitcoin or other digital currencies have been given on this website.
- Encrypted Currency and Stratum Crossing (1): Bitcoin is your only chance to "slap the table"
- "This coin can be reminisced, but it was gone at that time."
- Only sell coins but not buy coins. One year later, the country ’s attitude towards cryptocurrencies has completely changed.
- Tim Draper: When the world recovers, it will be Bitcoin that will save the world
- Analyst PlanB: Compared to Bitcoin, the "beast", Amazon's stock performance can only be said to be "normal"
- Encryption Currency Whale Deep Research: Manipulating the market is a misunderstanding, and there are people doing charity
Cedric O said:
We spent a day doing this website. However, we are very willing to communicate with others. I think the more people we participate, the more money we will raise.
Cedric O said that digital currency donations are subject to the same conditions as traditional channels: no fees must be charged, information collected for tax exemption, and funds must flow into the four approved institutions on the site.
This government website is used for small donations from individuals. According to Culture Minister Franck Riester on Wednesday, many wealthy and large companies have made public commitments to raise more than 800 million euros ($920 million). He said that the normal annual budget for repairing national monuments is about 300 million euros. French President Emmanuel Macron said on Tuesday night that Notre Dame will be rebuilt within five years.