According to the 11th anniversary Bitcoin Day report released by Coinbase, the US digital asset trading platform, the number of US users currently using Bitcoin has exceeded the maximum supply of Bitcoin by 21 million.
(Bitcoin daily active address, picture from Coinbase)
- Promoting oil coins, Venezuela has not given up: this is the only way to prevent the depreciation of income
- The Fed may cut interest rates again on Wednesday, will the encryption market benefit?
- Libra Association officially released the first road map, after four milestones will start the main network
- Large institutions continue to expand: Bakkt launches BTC futures contract in Singapore
- In addition to Ping An’s account, what other companies that are “blockchain” will be listed?
- Chen Chun, an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering: Data collaboration technology under the chain is an important direction for the development of the alliance chain
The San Francisco-based cryptocurrency company estimates that about 27 million Americans used bitcoin in 2019, accounting for about 9% of the US population. In contrast, the total amount of bitcoin set by Nakamoto is only 21 million BTC. The report mentions:
“E-mail was invented in 1972, but it was not until 1997 that it used 10 million users. The TV was invented in 1927, but by the end of 1940, only 2% of American households had a TV set. Bitcoin's ideas were first announced in 2008. In 2009, they experienced the first transaction, and by 2019, there were 27 million users in the US alone, accounting for 9% of the US population."
In addition, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong recalls his first encounter with Bitcoin:
“As early as one day in 2010, when I read the article on HackerNews and then saw the Bitcoin white paper for the first time, it immediately caught my attention. This may be the most important thing I have ever encountered since the Internet. idea."