According to the 11th anniversary Bitcoin Day report released by Coinbase, the US digital asset trading platform, the number of US users currently using Bitcoin has exceeded the maximum supply of Bitcoin by 21 million.
(Bitcoin daily active address, picture from Coinbase)
- QKL123 market analysis | Bitcoin 200-day moving average shock, the market faces the choice of cattle and bears (0926)
- Lambda He Xiaoyang: It is foolish to change the white paper, and the blockchain is advancing in exploration.
- XRP volume breaks through, mainstream currency quotes start
- Dfinity, this summer is over, but I still haven't received your short sleeves.
- Cycle observation | market, economy and cycle (below)
- Getting started with blockchain | The total amount of Bitcoin is constant at 21 million. What should I do after I finish the excavation?
The San Francisco-based cryptocurrency company estimates that about 27 million Americans used bitcoin in 2019, accounting for about 9% of the US population. In contrast, the total amount of bitcoin set by Nakamoto is only 21 million BTC. The report mentions:
“E-mail was invented in 1972, but it was not until 1997 that it used 10 million users. The TV was invented in 1927, but by the end of 1940, only 2% of American households had a TV set. Bitcoin's ideas were first announced in 2008. In 2009, they experienced the first transaction, and by 2019, there were 27 million users in the US alone, accounting for 9% of the US population."
In addition, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong recalls his first encounter with Bitcoin:
“As early as one day in 2010, when I read the article on HackerNews and then saw the Bitcoin white paper for the first time, it immediately caught my attention. This may be the most important thing I have ever encountered since the Internet. idea."