On November 8th, the “2019 World Blockchain Conference·Wuzhen” hosted by Babbitt was officially opened. The conference gathered more than 100 global blockchains, digital assets, AI, 5G experts and scholars, and technical geeks. Opinion leaders and founders of popular projects, with the theme of “application unbounded”, explored the application of blockchain, technology frontiers, industry trends and hot issues, and promoted blockchain technology and industrial innovation.
In the morning, Platon's founder Sun Lilin gave a speech entitled “Consent Computation: Thinking of Blockchain Governance in the Age of Privacy Computing”. Sun Lilin said that the nature of the blockchain is still a financial infrastructure. As a blockchain of financial infrastructure, its history is similar to the migration of analog communications to digital communications. The use of blockchain is whether it can promote reasonable liquidity on a large scale, high timeliness, and low cost. It must meet the ability to obtain funds at low cost and on a large scale. Blockchain infrastructure must be charged a reasonable fee and tends to zero. The fundamental logic behind the establishment of infrastructure is the creation of an effective emerging “market”.
- Wuzhen·JRR Dimitar Dinev: DeFi is more than just MakerDAO, more open finance
- Wu Zhen·imToken founder He Bin: A Bitcoin DeFi Tour
- Wuzhen·I read the concept, promotion and profit model of Web3.0
- Wuzhen·Yang Haipo: Token is the core application scenario of the blockchain, and DEX is the infrastructure of the future blockchain.
- Zhang Yifeng, Wuzhen·China Banknote Block Chain Research Institute: Distributed Digital Identity is the entrance to the blockchain
- Wuzhen·Jia Nanzhi Zhi Kong Jianping: China has never had a “bitcoin illegal” policy, and the global blockchain development trend is compliance, innovation, and landing.
The following is the full text of the speech, Babbitt finishing:
Hello everyone, thank you Babbitt, I am standing on the stage of Wuzhen for the second time. The name I used was not from me. Its original meaning was called "economics choice", which was the name of a book written by James Buchanan of the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1986, which laid the foundation for the entire theory of public choice. Theoretical basis. I think that today's era has changed and cannot be called economics. The accurate statement is that computer economics is just right for this era and applies to what I am doing today.
The "discrimination" here is actually a need for truly critical thinking. Real challenges and doubts can tell me what I am doing. I divide my thoughts into several points:
1. Blockchain and privacy computing essentially need to be used as a public infrastructure, and the endowment of public infrastructure is structured as such. In essence, the blockchain, I still think of it as a financial infrastructure, is inherently structured by the evolution of books and clearing systems. I used the word "evolution", not "evolution." Many people will ask me what is the use of the blockchain. I usually don't answer this question. It is like when I switched from analog to digital in the 1990s, why do I throw it away and turn it into a digital signal? Why do I turn it into JCMA? This question can't be answered. If you turn around, you won't turn. If you don't turn, you won't turn. The human era is like this.
2. Digital currency is not the same as electronic money. This is very confusing. Today, we are in the era of WeChat, Alipay and bank card. In the era of electronic money, we use the accounting process, the transaction is completed in the background, its payment clearing and settlement of the entire background logic is separate, this logic It is the era of electronic money. You can also think that the money sent online is a fake money, we just sent the debit information and processed it in the lending machine book. As you can see from the name, the lending machine books, we only have (English) in the era of electronic accounts, which have corresponding claims or debts.
3. In connection with privacy calculations, we believe in such a basic concept that “partial” does not know “whole” and “whole” does not know “partial”. This is the future of the Internet. As Jianan Kong always mentioned, we actually live in a world monopolized by the Internet. In this world, "partial" does not know "whole", but "whole" knows part, it knows all parts, we Being monopolized and enslaved by Internet companies is problematic. The digital survival of human beings should not appear in this form. The privacy AI we are doing is to help small data be aggregated into big data. Whether it is today, Europe, the United States or China's compliance requirements, all data parties can maintain natural power and be fully protected. How to use all the data in the end, there should be several principles, one is to use my data, get my full authorization and partial disclosure, I will not do all the disclosure; the second is to do operations on the ciphertext, and It is not operated on plain text; the third is that all parties need to participate in the process of distilling and trading the calculation results. You earn money to give me points. This is a reasonable thing and an encouragement or incentive to contribute to all parties to the data.
4. Today's network, everyone is talking about web3.0, the word web is very interesting. It can be called web, net, etc. Each word is different. The web is inherently isolated and disconnected. . The network evolution standard here is from simple data interoperation to complete computational interoperation. The future interaction protocols are all function-based, rather than simple data exchange. The entire network infrastructure will evolve from data exchange network to computing exchange network.
5. Governance is the “compliance calculation”. We believe that the fundamental problem of all governance is that the subject of the identity existing on the chain is the subject of all kinds of natural power entrustment and authorization. Here is a game balance, which is the essence of things. Today seems simple, but in the conclusions given in 1962, the methodology is very complicated, so we believe this will be a very good basic methodology and structural infrastructure for survival in the digital age.
6. "Decentralization." I still think that the agent has a strong presence in this world. This is not a point of view. This is a fact. Agents can be removed in a small scope, and any agent will need an agent when it is used for large-scale commercial or large-scale computing. Think about our life, it is impossible to do everything, so decentralization is challenged. Is decentralization a truly worthwhile goal, or the ultimate decentralization is the real goal we pursue, and what kind of digital existence we pursue. Our view is that in the future of large-scale distributed computing, the main purpose is to pursue large-scale commercialization as the core purpose and preference, rather than blindly pursuing the center. As long as we can meet commercial needs, we will do this.
This is a basic understanding of distributed, it is to be dissected into three points: one is the number of nodes involved in computing in the future, trillion, ten trillion and trillion. If there are only three or four nodes, in fact, there is no need to centralize the conclusion, the root line between each node, the transaction is processed. However, when the computational complexity rises to dozens of nodes and hundreds of nodes, it is better to have a strong central counterparty, and the central counterparty controls the transaction because such computational complexity is the lowest. However, when the number of trading nodes continues to rise, to thousands of tens of thousands of nodes, the strong central counterparts encounter a new round of challenges. At this time, it is necessary to introduce a peer-to-peer network for topology reconstruction to make the system more liquid. . Going back to the first question, the only mission of all infrastructure is to make liquidity more complete. It doesn't really care whether it is centralized or decentralized. How to use it. The amount of data generated by the nodes is also large enough, so there is no need to explain. There are enough connections, and there is no economy to produce without enough connections.
We need to look at the problem from a data perspective. The first human being to be transformed by a peer-to-peer network is a telecom operator, and the telecom operators are fully digital. Second, finance and finance are all digital. Other medical and transportation are still difficult. Because the degree of digital transformation is too weak, it is too weak to enter the distributed ledger and blockchain facilities. It is difficult, and the degree of digitization needs a certain number. The evolution of the year. I won't say much about the details here. Please pay attention to the third part. In the whole life cycle of the digital, blockchain and privacy computing are exchanging and sharing this field. I used the word "share" and the best word is "collaboration." Data sharing is a particularly vague and awkward word, what is shared, sharing the original data or sharing the results. It sees plain text or cipher text. We oppose the general saying "sharing" rather than exchange. The exchange is plain text and the data is for you. The sharing is embarrassing, the best is the synergy, the synergy is just to apply the algorithm to the data for processing. This generation of infrastructure is from the operator to the end-side account, to the end side, and finally the complete open platform is the blockchain, we believe that there will be great changes here.
There are fundamental contradictions in the digital age. Any blockchain organization or platform that claims to solve the basic contradictions in the digital age must have a fundamental explanation and understanding of this issue. Our understanding is three contradictions: individual privacy and central supervision. Here, from the theory of public choice, we have to entrust personal information to the government, or a government-authorized licensee to handle personal information. Other than that, other organizations can't know who I am, whether it's banking or insurance, or any APP, you don't need to know who I am.
Because in this era, in the era of digital currency, the money I gave you is really money, really money. Why do you have to do complex KOIC in the era of e-currency? Because the money I gave you is not a real money, just gave the other party a credit account or a quota account, not giving him money, so check your identity. But in the era of digital currency, this problem must be fundamentally improved. The second is the contradiction between transaction privacy and registration confirmation. We have repeatedly explained that today's Internet companies monopolize everything and monopolize your account, which is your personal information. Monopolize your trading behavior and monopolize your trading results. This is a problem. It is not robust enough and the compliance is not enough. It completely obliterates the rights of data owners. This is a problem. . In the future, we must get a reasonable spin-off and split and dismember the Internet company. This is Facebook has been fined $5 billion this year. Google has actually made a lot of scandals recently, but it has not been disclosed. It has lost a lot. Medical data, this is all problematic. The third is the contradiction of data privacy. The data itself cannot be disclosed. The "part" that I just said does not know the "whole", and the "whole" does not know the "part". This is the network of a good digital age.
This is the fundamental concept we have mentioned, the super clearing network. If the blockchain is really valuable in the future, it will be used by the public one day. It must be a super clearing network. It will not be confined to the transportation, medical or financial fields, nor will it be limited to bank cards. , securities, bonds. Everything that can be tokenized or monetized by the protocol, I can't provide standard data exchange, or data-based collaborative computing to operate such a network. This network will bring real large-scale and low-cost liquidity, which is a good infrastructure, otherwise it is meaningless.
We give a paradigm, which is based on the architecture given today's important financial infrastructure. Whether this architecture can be fully reused in the digital age, I personally have no conclusions and no thoughts. I don't agree with the general advocacy of other applications, because my understanding is that today's payment clearing infrastructure is not in the chain, and there is still a distance from large-scale commercial use. Not to mention the complete infrastructure and complete light computing services, it has not been cancelled, but in the form of a protocol.
This is a picture I quoted. I saw an article from Nature, "The Beauty of Circuits", because our fundamental feature is to completely aim at computational complexity and communication complexity. Whether it is blockchain or privacy calculation, its essence is these two things, computational complexity, communication complexity, whether it is called consensus or password, whether it is Ganoderma lucidum proof or safe multi-party calculation, this is the problem. Once my daughter asked me what color the circuit was, I didn't answer it. Until half a month ago I saw this picture, the circuit is this color, the digital world is also very beautiful, I hope to use everyone to use unified computing to build it into a real ideal country.
thank you all!