In the 01 session of the ChainNode White Paper Declassified Reading Club, Liu Qiushan, a senior researcher at the original chain, led a white paper on "MOV: The Next Generation Decentralized Cross-Chain Layer 2 Value Exchange Agreement", which attracted the attention of many fans, including the reading of gentledog. "Thoughts on the MOV patrol officer system" won the first place in reading activities. The key points are as follows:
1. The patrol officer system can reduce the probability of side chains doing evil;
2. The probability of the side chain doing evil is related to the inspection cost U of the inspector and the reward V of the gateway node. Decreasing U or increasing V can reduce the probability of doing evil;
3. The probability that the side chain will be evil is not related to the income S obtained when the evil is successful, that is to say, reducing the assets managed on the side chain does not help to reduce the probability of doing evil;
4. The probability of side chain doing evil is irrelevant to the loss R suffered by the perpetrator when it is proved (if V ≤ R is ignored), that is, only the margin of the side chain operator is increased without increasing the reward of the gateway node. Does not help to reduce the probability of doing evil;
5. Due to pretending to be a bad attack, the reward V of the gateway node cannot be increased indefinitely. The patrol officer's inspection cost U cannot be reduced indefinitely. The patrol officer system cannot prevent the occurrence of evil.