How big is the gap between the rich and the poor in the “BTC World”?
When calculating the Gini coefficient of the BTC address balance, there are mainly two types of factors that may cause large errors: 1) the BTC balance of one address may be shared by multiple people; 2) the same person may have multiple BTC addresses. For case 1), we exclude the exchange's wallet address; for case 2), consider that the few "BTC whales" under normal circumstances will not split the BTC into hundreds of addresses, and the retailer will split the BTC. The possibility is smaller, so the impact is limited. In the end, we get the approximate Gini coefficient of the BTC address balance as high as 0.9587, indicating that the gap between the rich and the poor in the "BTC World" is enormous!
Fit Lorenz curve:
- Bitcoin and altcoin hoarders can really enjoy the "sleeping" profit?
- Depth | The dry season is approaching, the analysis of Bitcoin mining industry chain
- 23 central banks talk about CBDC, China may become the first issuer
- People's Daily Online: Behind the strategic positioning of the blockchain country, Chinese companies are racing against future card positions
- Multinational giants retired Libra, but also organized the six international blockchain alliances
- Wuzhen·“blockchain+game”: Why is the explosion application not going to happen?
y=0.0000000246*EXP(16.4395x), goodness of fit R^2=0.85; calculated Gini coefficient is 0.9587.