In the past year, the Layer 2 protocol Lightning Network has encountered a lot of trouble, and with the continuous improvement work, it has welcomed the support of the first mainstream exchange today.
On December 3, Beijing time, the digital asset exchange Bitfinex announced that it will support Lightning Network deposit and withdrawal from tomorrow.
Bitolox CTO and Tether CTO Paolo Ardoino mentioned that he hopes that users will be able to open the Lightning Network channel, and he promised that there will be a link page tomorrow.
- Science | What is the blockchain?
- In-depth analysis: about the new Filecoin mining solution, you need to know these
- BTC lost support of $7,800 last night, and the mid-term retreat is coming to an end.
- Science and Technology Daily: Be wary of changing the blockchain into “blocks”
- Zhu Jiaming's latest sharing: Understanding the evolution of blockchain paradigms from a futuristic perspective
- Does the currencyless blockchain have a wealth password?
It is reported that the company also plans to introduce the stablecoin USDT and Tether Gold to the Lightning Network.
As early as June of this year, Ardoino mentioned that Bitfinex will launch stablecoin on the Lightning Network by the end of this year. At that time, the Bitfinex team was working on deploying Tether on the Liquid sidechain to deliver assets on the Lightning Network .
In November, Bitfinex also added support for the Bech32 address format, and this step is exactly the way to support the Lightning Network.
Ardoino expressed in an interview:
"We really like Lightning Network (I personally do a lot), so we want to contribute to it."
The Lightning Network is a second-tier payment protocol. It is based on the Layer 1 blockchain (such as Bitcoin). The purpose of this protocol is to accelerate transactions between participating nodes. It is also promoted as a solution to Bitcoin's challenges. The main path to scalability issues.