According to Trustnodes reported on December 6, Ethereum 2.0 coordinator Danny Ryan said that it seems unlikely that Ethereum 2.0's storage contract will be launched this month because the report has not yet been released.
Image source: pixabay
- Ethereum Foundation: A Quick Look at Eth1.x Research
- Weekly News | Important economies have expressed their stance on digital currency, digital currency rebound resistance
- Wuzhen · than the original chain CTO James, a detailed explanation of the ecological development progress and ecological closed loop than the original chain technology
- Fidelity: Bitcoin is becoming an entry-level product for institutional investors, and Ethereum support may be added next year
- Twitter staged "year-end drama", Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin became industry leader
- Smart Contract Series 1: The Cornerstone of the Digital Society - Smart Contracts
Danny Ryan says:
"Runtime Verificaton will release its full formal verification, analysis and report within this month. Once released, we can deploy the contract.
Before we check this process through a public multi-client testnet, I was a bit hesitant to deploy a formal contract. That said, I don't think there will be any particular problems with this component, as there are many single-client testnets that are using deposit contracts as is.
I know this project is important to the community and it signals that everything is moving forward. Once this month's Runtime Verificaton report comes out, we can discuss a good launch date. "
Runtime Verificaton claims to have "formal modeling, analysis, security, validation, and verification" experience, so they are now working on auditing, modeling, and more.
"We work with NASA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Boeing, and Toyota to formalize and validate safety and mission-critical systems. We also In cooperation with IOHK and the Ethereum Foundation, not only formal modeling and verification of smart contracts, but also formal modeling and verification of protocols, programming languages and virtual machines. "
Ryan said all of this work, including this report, should be completed within a month. It depends on their results. If problems need to be resolved, it will take some time. Based on the above, we estimate that the deposit contract may be launched as early as late January or February.
Prior to this, the deposit contract naturally needed to pass a testnet, and it is unclear when the Ethereum 2.0 multi-client testnet will be launched.
However, a browser for the Prysmatic Labs specific single-client Beacon Chain testnet is live.
Lighthouse also recently released their single-client public testnet, and their code is undergoing audits. Therefore, according to the current progress estimate, the Ethereum 2.0 genesis block will be released as soon as this winter, and the mainnet will be launched next spring. Things are moving and all of this is entering its final stages.