Author / Hu Tao
As blockchain technology has recently received high-level attention and attention at the national level, blockchain entrepreneurship has also become one of the hottest topics in society.
In recent years, many governments across the country have issued special preferential subsidy policies for the blockchain industry. According to preliminary statistics from the chain catchers, there are currently Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Changsha, Qingdao, Guiyang, Zhuhai, Suzhou, Fuzhou, etc. Eleven areas in 10 cities have issued special preferential subsidy policies specifically for the blockchain industry. The specific information can be found in the main text.
- Small mining companies help themselves: use financial derivatives to hedge hash rate fluctuations
- Supervising bitcoin miners? Some experts have made a bad idea to the US Congress.
- From quantum computing to blockchain: frontiers, trends, and challenges
- The currency will be added to the legal currency transaction pair. The first supported legal currency is the Russian ruble.
- Istanbul Fork Improves Ethereum Performance, Can Ethereum Become a "World Computer"?
- A brief history of crypto exchanges: a glimpse into the evolution of the most powerful organization in the blockchain industry
Hainan Free Trade Zone (Hong Kong) Blockchain Pilot Zone
On December 4, 19, the Hainan Free Trade Zone (Hong Kong) Blockchain Pilot Zone in Chengmai County, Hainan Province issued the "Six Measures on Accelerating the Development of the Blockchain Industry". The main information is as follows:
1. Select a group of leading talents and outstanding scientific research teams for key blockchain technology. The park will reward leading talents with a bonus of 1 million yuan and outstanding scientific research teams with 3-5 million yuan in scientific research funding; select a batch of outstanding projects in applied technology and provide the highest 5 million yuan of industrial landing support funds.
2. Plan the blockchain application demonstration project, select a group of units with strong innovation ability and master key core technologies, and the software park will give each project a maximum reward of 5 million yuan.
3. The park will initiate the establishment of a 1 billion block chain industry sub-fund to attract social capital to form a capital supply effect and serve multi-level services for block chain enterprises.
Huangpu District, Guangzhou
On October 28, 19, Huangpu District, Guangzhou issued a notice on "Detailed Implementation Measures for Accelerating Blockchain Industry to Lead Changes". The main information is as follows:
1. The state-owned enterprises under the district initiated the establishment of a 1 billion yuan blockchain industry fund to provide enterprises with multi-level services such as angel investment, equity investment, and post-investment value-added.
2. Each year, two companies or institutions that choose to carry out public blockchain and alliance chain construction projects will be selected for merit, and subsidies will be given based on 50% of their actual investment in research and development. Among them, the highest subsidy for public blockchain construction projects 10 million yuan, the maximum subsidy for the construction project of the blockchain alliance chain is 3 million yuan.
3. For enterprises or institutions that use the information services of the blockchain demonstration project, 20 companies or institutions will be selected each year, and after-the-fact subsidies will be given, and 50% of the actual payment will be given to each company up to 100,000 yuan.
4.Each year focus on training 1-3 leading companies in the blockchain industry, giving priority to application scenarios such as government affairs and public services. Based on the current corporate R & D subsidy policy, invest more than 20 million yuan in annual research and development funds. Additional subsidies will be given at 10% for those exceeding 20 million yuan, with a maximum subsidy of 10 million yuan per year per enterprise.
5. Encourage the construction of industrial carriers such as blockchain creative space, professional incubators, industrial parks, etc., and support will be given according to 50% of the total supporting construction funds. Each industrial carrier will be subsidized up to 1 million yuan.
Original link: http://www.hp.gov.cn/hp87/0200/201910/3719b3cfbbfd405ab452dc799b1414e7.shtml
North District of Qingdao
On September 30, 19, Shibei District, Qingdao issued the "Shibei District Blockchain Industry Development Measures (Trial)", the main information is as follows:
1. For a recognized blockchain enterprise or institution, if the annual district-level fiscal revenue of the enterprise reaches 600,000 yuan, 50% -60% of the district-level fiscal revenue will be awarded for three consecutive years. Blockchain enterprises that have been recognized by high-tech enterprises are given financial rewards; those listed and listed on domestic and foreign capital markets are given a maximum of 5 million yuan in subsidies.
2. For the high-growth blockchain companies or institutions' scientific and technological achievements transformation projects, according to the property and innovation level of the project's intellectual property rights, 3% -5% of the project's R & D investment will be awarded, up to a maximum of 1 million yuan. .
3. Actively establish public platforms such as blockchain application trading centers, data centers, and storage centers, as well as key platforms for blockchain technology, new research and development institutions, engineering (technology) centers, and technological innovation centers. Awards of RMB 2 million, RMB 1 million, and RMB 500,000 were awarded for the first and second levels respectively.
4. For the top-level blockchain talents who have been introduced or cultivated on a full-time basis, national, provincial, ministerial (province), and municipal outstanding talents in science and technology innovation, 6 million yuan, 2 million yuan, 1 million yuan, and 500,000 yuan will be given respectively. Living allowance.
Original link: http://www.qingdaoshibei.gov.cn/n4447/n1651931/n1652071/n2610451/n2610455/190930172634402028.html
On May 9, 19, Fuzhou issued the "Three Measures to Accelerate the Development of the Blockchain Industry in Fuzhou". The main information is as follows:
1. Blockchain companies or institutions whose annual operating income exceeds 5 million yuan, 10 million yuan, 50 million yuan, and 100 million yuan for the first time will be given a 6% business income reward, with the maximum reward not exceeding 6 million yuan.
2. For industrial associations and industrial alliances in the field of blockchain registered in the functional departments of national, provincial and municipal governments settled in Fuzhou, one-off grants of 500,000 yuan, 300,000 yuan and 100,000 yuan will be granted. Subsidy for activity funds.
3. Encourage traditional enterprises to develop and implement blockchain applications and implement blockchain application demonstration projects. For projects that have been evaluated as key demonstration projects, each project will give the application party 20% of construction funding subsidies, up to a maximum of 3 million yuan. Financial support.
4. For technological innovation platforms such as key laboratory of blockchain technology, engineering (technology) research center, and enterprise technology center that have been accredited by the national, provincial, and municipal levels, 2 million yuan, 1 million yuan, and 500,000 yuan will be granted respectively. reward.
5. Blockchain companies hosting high-level conferences such as international, national, and provincial blockchain seminars, forums, etc. will be granted a subsidy of 200,000 to 1 million yuan upon confirmation and filing.
Original link: http://www.fuzhou.gov.cn/gb/201907/t20190704_2932753.htm
Yangpu District, Shanghai
On November 19, 2018, Yangpu District of Shanghai issued "Policies and Regulations for Promoting the Development of Blockchain Industry in Yangpu District". The main information is as follows:
1. Support the development of blockchain enterprise clusters. Deploy a blockchain carrier with an area of more than 10,000 square meters (inclusive) and a concentration of the blockchain industry of more than 50%. It will provide access to blockchain companies, incubators, and industry organizations. Public service platforms, etc., will be given subsidies of 500 yuan or 1,000 yuan / m2 after establishment.
2. The operation and management of the blockchain aggregating carrier is determined to give certain subsidies in accordance with its actual operating expenses, which are mainly used to hold various events, road shows, and talent training. Ten thousand yuan.
3. For the high-level talents of the core professional of the blockchain technology that are introduced, renting houses in this area shall be determined to grant a rent subsidy of up to 3 years and a total amount of up to 100,000 yuan.
4. For the first authorized invention patent obtained by a small and micro enterprise, a total of 10,000 yuan in patent fee subsidy will be granted, and for the second (and above) authorized invention patent, a 4,000 yuan patent fee subsidy will be granted.
5. Encourage the establishment of the Blockchain Industry Collaborative Innovation Association or Alliance, and grant corresponding subsidies to national and municipal brand events and important events organized by the Association or Alliance. Actively open blockchain application scenarios, and attract various types of blockchain companies to participate in government blockchain technology application scenario project construction.
Original link: http://zncx.shyp.gov.cn/ss/jump?target=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IuS4iua1t+WMuuWdl+mTvumHjeWkp+aUv+etluWPkeW4g+aIkeWMuuihpei0tOe7huWImeWHuuWPsCIsInVybCI6Imh0dHA6Ly93d3cuc2h5cC5nb3YuY24vc2h5cHEveHd6eC15cHl3LzIwMTgwOTEwLzIwOTU1Ny5odG1sIn0&type=
High-tech Zone of Changsha
On November 6, 18, Changsha High-tech Zone released "Several Policies for Promoting the Development of Blockchain Industry in Changsha High-tech Zone". The main information is as follows:
1. When the revenue of a blockchain enterprise or institution reaches 1 to 3 billion yuan, it will be assessed and approved to grant funding subsidies according to the application scenario innovation project investment up to 50%, and the maximum subsidy for a single blockchain enterprise or institution More than 20 million yuan.
2. Relocate headquarters (including regional headquarters and functional headquarters) of well-known enterprises in the blockchain industry field, especially unicorn companies, to the Changsha High-tech Zone. After approval, they will provide funding support for settlement within 3 years from the date of settlement. The maximum is not more than 10 million yuan.
3. For high-growth blockchain companies that have obtained more than A round of investment, completed financing of more than 10 million yuan, and have a valuation of more than 200 million yuan, according to their financial and tax contributions and financing valuation, they will be given annual funding support. More than 3 million yuan.
Original link: http://kjj.changsha.gov.cn/xxgk/fggw/gfxwj/201811/t20181126_2883361.html
Hengqin New District, Zhuhai
On October 30, 2018, Zhuhai Hengqin New District issued the Interim Measures for Supporting the Development of Blockchain Industry in Hengqin New District. The main information is as follows:
1. For newly registered and recognized blockchain companies or institutions with a paid-up registered capital of more than 1 million yuan and actually operating in Hengqin New District, 10% of the paid-up registered capital will be given support for cultivation, and the supporting funds will be self-registered Redeemed from the second day of establishment.
2. For blockchain companies or institutions that have first obtained a seed investment period and a start-up period of more than 1% of the equity investment period of a recognized venture capital institution, they will be nurtured and supported at a rate of 10% of the actual investment amount, with a cumulative maximum of no more than 1 million .
3. For the identified blockchain companies or institutions, the annual operating income of more than 2 million yuan and an increase of more than 100% over the same period of last year, each grant of 500,000 yuan in the introduction of technical talents. For the first time that a certified blockchain enterprise or institution has achieved operating income of 5 million, 20 million, or 100 million yuan or more, it will be awarded a reward of 500,000 to 5 million yuan.
4. After the implementation of these measures, the Bank will support the construction of 5 blockchain application scenarios (including the construction of external output application scenarios by blockchain companies or institutions) for three consecutive times. Each application demonstration project will be supported by up to 3 million yuan. .
Changsha Economic Development Zone
On June 22, 2018, the Changsha Economic Development Zone issued the "Changsha Economic and Technological Development Zone's Policy on Supporting the Development of the Blockchain Industry (Trial)", and released the detailed implementation rules on October 8. The main information is as follows:
1. For newly established and newly moved blockchain enterprises (institutions), within 3 years from the date of settlement, granting support funds of up to 2 million yuan based on the paid-up registered capital, and giving rent-free or subsidy to office space, etc. Offer registration. For blockchain enterprises with a main operating income of more than 10 million yuan, subsidies ranging from 200 to 2 million yuan are given.
2. For the blockchain scene application products that have been identified as mastering the core technology and possessing independent intellectual property rights, a reward of not more than 1 million yuan has been completed for R & D and online operations. For enterprises (institutions) that have successfully applied for patents for blockchain technology inventions abroad through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and other channels, each awards 200,000 yuan; for enterprises (institutions) that have obtained national blockchain technology invention patents, each The reward is 50,000 yuan; for enterprises (institutions) that purchase blockchain technology innovation services and technological achievements and sign technology contracts, subsidies of up to 200,000 yuan will be given at 10% of the turnover.
3. According to the government's contribution of 20% and social capital of 80%, a total of 3 billion yuan of blockchain industry funds will be set up to invest in blockchain enterprises; for the first time to obtain investment from venture capital institutions, 10% of the actual funds Give support of no more than 1 million yuan.
4. For newly-introduced high-level talents in blockchain enterprises, on the basis of enjoying the treatment stipulated in "Changsha Talents New Deal Article 22", one million yuan, 500,000 yuan, 200,000 yuan and 100,000 yuan will be given according to the level. The matching rewards are allocated to the company (institution) in 3 years.
Original link: http://22.214.171.124:8093/base-dataJk/bm/bmFileLibray/gotoSigleFileLibrary.do?filelib_id=2259046
Suzhou High-speed Rail New District
On December 27, 2017, the Suzhou High-speed Rail New District issued the "Suzhou High-speed Rail New City Blockchain Industry Development Support Policy (Trial)", the main information is as follows:
1. For the first time for block chain enterprises with annual operating income of more than 5 million yuan, 10 million yuan, 50 million yuan, and 100 million yuan, a one-time reward of 100,000 yuan, 200,000 yuan, 1 million yuan, and 2 million yuan will be awarded.
2. The identified blockchain innovation bases, blockchain buildings, and blockchain industrial parks will be given a certain subsidy according to the actual operating expenses of the operation and management agency. The subsidy period is 3 years, and the maximum subsidy per year is not more than 1 million yuan. For the blockchain professional crowdfunding space (incubator) that has been recognized by the national, provincial, and municipal levels, rewards of 1 million yuan, 500,000 yuan, and 250,000 yuan were introduced, and more than 5 certified blockchain companies were introduced. (Institutions) will be rewarded 50,000 yuan for each company introduced, with a maximum annual reward of no more than 1 million yuan.
3. Provincial and above recognized blockchain research centers, evaluation centers, data centers, storage centers and other public platforms that have obtained relevant qualifications will be awarded a reward of 1 million yuan. The key laboratories of blockchain technology that have been accredited by the state, province, and city are awarded RMB 5 million, RMB 3 million, and RMB 1 million, respectively.
4. Implement a special support plan for blockchain application demonstration, and open no more than 50 blockchain application scenario constructions each year, and each application demonstration project can be up to 3 million yuan to help enterprises (institutions) to achieve construction of application scenarios.
5. For the urgently needed experts at home and abroad in the first-class blockchain, who settled in the high-speed rail new city and served for more than 3 years, a one-time subsidy of 800,000 yuan will be given.
6. Blockchain enterprises (institutions) that host high-level exchange conferences such as international and national blockchain discussions, forums, etc., will be granted a maximum subsidy of no more than 1 million yuan upon filing.
Original link: http://www.tj-fintech.com/data/view/174
Guiyang High-tech Zone
On May 28, 2017, Guiyang High-tech Zone released the "Ten Policy Measures for Guiyang National High-tech Zone to Promote Blockchain Technology Innovation and Application Demonstration". The main information is as follows:
1. Blockchain enterprises in the zone generate operating income by providing blockchain technology (application) services, which will reach 5 million yuan, 10 million yuan, 50 million yuan, and 100 million yuan or more for the first time in each year. One-time reward of RMB.
2. In the case of enterprises (institutions) in the zone who are identified as innovative enterprises for the development or application of blockchain technology and awarded licenses, a one-time support award of 200,000 to 500,000 yuan will be given in accordance with national and provincial innovative enterprises and other standards. Those who are identified as Guiyang's innovative leading enterprises and innovative small and medium-sized enterprises are given subsidies of 400,000 yuan and 200,000 yuan, respectively; those who have been awarded prizes at the municipal level or above for R & D or application of blockchain technology, One-time support awards will be given in accordance with 2 million yuan at the international level, 1 million yuan at the national level, 500,000 yuan at the provincial level, and 200,000 yuan at the city level.
3. In the case of enterprises (institutions) in the zone applying for patents for blockchain technology inventions applied abroad through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) or Paris Convention, each of them will receive a reward of 300,000 yuan after authorization; Blockchain technology invention patents will be awarded 50,000 yuan each after being authorized; for blockchain technology copyright registration and computer software copyright registration, each award will be 10,000 yuan.
4. R & D led by enterprises (institutions) in the zone, and the core technology of the application is determined to be a blockchain scenario application product of the company's own intellectual property rights. A maximum of one million yuan will be granted once it has been developed and launched. Reward funds. Those who are the first to achieve technological breakthroughs in the field of distributed ledger, symmetric encryption and authorization technology, consensus mechanism, and smart contracts in the country and are deemed to be effective and major breakthroughs will be awarded up to 2 million yuan in one time. .
Original link: http://www.guiyang.gov.cn/zwgk/zwgkxwdt/zwgkxwdtbmdt/201706/t20170605_8039362.html
West Lake District, Hangzhou
On May 9, 2017, the West Lake District of Hangzhou released "Policy Opinions on Building a Xixigu Blockchain Industrial Park (Trial)". The main information is as follows:
1. National, provincial, and municipal blockchain industry alliances (confederations) that enter the park and actually operate will be given a subsidy of 100,000 yuan per year for a period of 3 years.
2. The enterprises (institutions) that have settled in such activities as blockchain forums or summits are determined to grant subsidies of up to 500,000 yuan, 300,000 yuan and 100,000 yuan according to national, provincial, and municipal categories.
3. Support enterprises to cooperate with institutions of higher learning and scientific research institutes, and set up industrial technology innovation alliances, enterprise research institutes, key laboratories, and research and development centers around leading industries. Those newly identified as national, provincial and municipal enterprise research institutes and research and development centers will be awarded 3 million yuan, 1 million yuan and 300,000 yuan respectively.
4. Encourage the research and development and application of blockchain technology, and reward scientific and technological achievements that have won municipal-level or higher technology awards and implemented transformation in the West Lake District. It is determined that subsidies will be granted in accordance with 1 million yuan at the national level, 500,000 yuan at the provincial level, and 200,000 yuan at the municipal level.
Original link: http://www.hzxh.gov.cn/art/2019/7/16/art_1376445_37378189.html
to sum up
From the foregoing information, it can be seen that the vast majority of cities currently launching blockchain-specific policies are located in the eastern coastal areas, and are mostly implemented in the form of district-level administrative zones or economic development zones, focusing on the development of the blockchain industry. However, in these cities, Beijing and Shenzhen, the most popular blockchains today, have not introduced special preferential policies, and the only Shanghai policy support is relatively weak.
Specifically, most of the support policies for blockchains in these regions focus on office space rent subsidies, industry association subsidies, application landing subsidies, talent subsidies, large-scale summit event subsidies, high revenue subsidies, patent acquisition subsidies, financing subsidies, and R & D investment The fields of subsidies and the establishment of investment funds involve almost all aspects of the operation and development of blockchain enterprises. Among them, the site rent subsidy is a standard project in each region, and the rest has its own emphasis.
From the perspective of the amount of subsidies, most of the individual awards at various levels are hundreds of thousands. The highest theoretical subsidy is the subsidy policy of Changsha High-tech Zone. "Blockchain companies or institutions have revenues of 1 to 3 billion in their jurisdictions. Yuanshi, after evaluation and review, grants capital subsidies according to the application scenario innovation project investment up to 50%, and individual blockchain companies and institutions donate up to 20 million yuan. " There are also a number of cities with theoretical subsidies of up to 10 million, namely Huangpu District of Guangzhou and Changsha High-tech Zone.
For start-up companies, these subsidies can be called generous, but these regions have special requirements for blockchain companies participating in the subsidy policy, that is, the business, tax, and statistical relationships of the enterprises are required to be local and promised not to change within 3-5 years. In the above-mentioned relationship, some regions also require the paid-up registered capital of the enterprise to reach 1 million or 2 million.
At the same time, most of the items with higher subsidies require higher revenue from the main business of blockchain companies, achieve core technology breakthroughs, participate in the formulation of industry standards, have typical landing scenarios, etc. These have higher thresholds and difficulties.
In terms of time, these cities that introduced the blockchain-specific subsidy policy were mainly distributed in 17, 18, and 19 years. Each year, there were 3-4 cities. The earlier cities were Suzhou, Guiyang, and Hangzhou. , Changsha, Zhuhai, etc., except for Hangzhou, other well-known blockchain projects have rarely emerged in recent years. It can be seen that the subsidy policy still has limited incentives for blockchain projects, and the city's economic development level is still an attractive area The core elements of a blockchain project.
According to the documents released by Hangzhou Xihu District, 16 blockchain companies or institutions have received subsidies in the past year according to relevant policies, and the amount is mostly between 100,000 and 400,000, including companies such as Mystery Technology and Youzan Technology. The specific list is as follows:
The form comes from the official website of Hangzhou Xicheng District Government Unit: 10,000
In addition to the aforementioned targeted support policies for the blockchain industry, there are many local governments that mention blockchain in their support policies for emerging technology industries, mainly to subsidize local blockchain companies with substantial technological breakthroughs, such as Chengdu The High-tech Zone has stated in the "Chengdu High-tech Zone Several Policies on the Development of a New Economy and Fostering New Motivation" in 2017. % Grant up to 5 million yuan subsidy.
Shenzhen also proposed the establishment of a special fintech award in the "Notice of the Shenzhen Municipal People's Government on Printing and Distributing Certain Measures to Support the Development of the Financial Industry" issued in 17 years, focusing on rewarding excellence in areas such as blockchain, digital currency, and financial big data applications. For projects, the annual reward limit is controlled within 6 million yuan. These policies are not repeated here, and the application difficulty is expected to be greater than the special policies of the blockchain industry.
In general, with the advancement of the national blockchain strategy, local governments are also accelerating the learning and research of blockchain technology. It is expected that the special support policies for blockchain will be accelerated across the country starting from 2020. These policies To some extent, it will also solve the problems of the early business models faced by blockchain companies, such as the lack of obvious business models and the lack of landing scenarios, and then really promote blockchain technology for the benefit of society.