According to a December 15 press release, the company announced the release of Omni Core 0.7.0, a development sponsored by Tether. The new version improves network performance and fixes locking issues and remote procedure calls.
- Cold Thinking on the Counter-attack of Blockchain——Meng Yan, Mr. Newton, Wang Wei Deep Dialogue
- Wuzhen·International Round Table: China loves the blockchain so much, I am sour
- Bitcoin breaks through 10,000, and the bull market really depends on halving support?
- Legal Daily Report: How to Inherit Digital Assets (I)
- Monthly Report | In September, 70 global blockchain application projects were disclosed, and the Chinese market cooled.
- How many blocks of the blockchain company have a daily limit of more than 100 in the “chain”?
The Omni protocol is a system that runs on the Bitcoin network and can create tokens. Tether issues USDT on the Omni layer. The official website explains:
Omni Core is an enhanced version of Bitcoin Core that provides advanced Omni Layer features and all the features of Bitcoin.
Omni-based decentralized exchange
More interestingly, Omni Core 0.7.0 supports the establishment of a centralized exchange on the blockchain. The new version of the Omni protocol allows users to purchase Bitcoin using any on-chain asset. Tether Chief Technology Officer Paolo Ardoino said:
Bitcoin is the first blockchain used by Tether. Therefore, Omni Core, which has good security, is highly valued. It must be noted that Tether is supported by different blockchains, and Omni is an important component.
In March of this year, Tether issued USDT on the Tron blockchain. By the end of October, nearly 12% of the USDT supply had been transferred to the blockchain. In July, Tether announced the launch of USDT on the fifth blockchain, Algorand.