I recently announced the launch of Sablier on Twitter , and I am glad to see the response from the Ethereum community:
- Jaguar Land Rover develops a car "smart wallet", car owners can share data to earn cryptocurrency
- "Bullying the tyrants" a ring, the global capital market ushered in a storm
- Cryptocurrencies behind Africa's economic "crash" have become a new battleground
- QKL123 Quotes Daily | After the rebound, the risk increases, and the short-term situation time changes space?
- What do those U.S. presidential candidates think about cryptocurrencies?
- Decisive battle in milliseconds, detailed explanation of digital currency high-frequency trading strategy
-Charlie Ellington @ charliellington: Really great! I'm thinking about letting customers pay us by the minute or hour @ deepwork_stuio-
-Cooper @ cooper_kunz: I don't know what you think, anyway, I hope that in the future, instead of receiving a salary every two weeks, I will pay in real time-
I think we should provide a little more background information to let everyone know why we are developing such an app and what interesting use cases this app has.
What is Sablier?
Starting today (June 3), bosses can use this decentralized app on Ethereum to pay employees uninterruptedly . You can deposit a lump sum of money in this dapp, and the contract will begin to "distribute" the money to employees at a frequency you set in advance.
What are the benefits of this dApp? Some employees may need money for emergencies or pay rent . Some employees may have just moved to a big city and want to buy food, but have not opened a savings account.
Sablier provides protection and selectivity for employees.
If you want to use our dApp, please contact us and we will contact your boss.
What is called "Uninterrupted"?
The first version of this dApp allowed users to select a predefined time interval for the drop-down menu bar. But there are no restrictions on this, we can easily add other fixed value options and even provide custom options.
How to calculate time?
The method is to use the so-called average block time as a reference. On Ethereum, an average block is broadcast every 15 seconds, which means that 1 minute is equivalent to broadcasting 4 blocks.
If you want to take a look at the specific implementation, check out the front-end page of the Sablier codebase .
Can the payer get back their money?
The payer can cancel the payment at any time before the payment flow ends. Read this tweet for more information.
is it safe?
We can't do small moves. Sablier 's backend is composed entirely of trustless smart contracts deployed on the Ethereum mainnet . Check it out on Etherscan .
Our current focus is on payroll, because I believe the use case of using cryptocurrencies to pay wages has huge potential that has yet to be tapped.
Although the blockchain has been enthusiastic over the past few years, most companies still tend to pay their employees through bank accounts (and the same is true for remote employees).
This approach has some meaning in the past. But now it's different:
- Stablecoins like MakerDAO 's DAI reborn after the market crash in 2018
- These stablecoins have many easy-to-use fiat entrances ( Circle Team , Wyre )
- With more countries changing attitudes towards cryptocurrency and more startups offering legal services, regulatory uncertainty is gradually disappearing
Finally, projects such as Sablier can encourage companies to switch to a native solution based on cryptocurrency , giving their employees choice.
Other use cases
In the first tweet , I said that you can use this product as you like.
Our current focus is indeed on companies, employees and payroll. However, the charm of decentralized applications is that you can use them directly without trusting or asking for permission from the project party.
Here are some interesting application scenarios:
- Pay taxes
- Consulting (lawyer, doctor)
If you use Sablier to implement any of the above use cases, or other use cases, please let us know!
- Website: https://sablier.app/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SablierHQ
- Telegram: https://t.me/sablier
- GitHub: https://github.com/sablierhq/sablier
You can also come to Twitter or Keybase to poke me privately.
Original link: https://medium.com/sablier/introducing-sablier-continuous-payments-on-ethereum-c2bf04446d31 Author: Paul Razvan Berg Translation & proofreading: Min Min & A sword