The other day, Babbitt editor-in-chief Tang Xialing gave a unique global first-year blockchain multi-year speech in Hangzhou on the theme of "a sense of certainty".
The 400-seat small theater was packed with seats, which not only added a bit of warmth to the bitter and cold Hangzhou, but also gave the word "blockchain" a strong sense of the times.
"Opportunity, awakening, struggle, curiosity, success", the keywords of the times accompanied by the rapid secretion of hormones, surged in my mind.
- Be careful, DeFi has the potential to erode the security of the PoS blockchain
- Opinion: How much are you willing to pay for a better social network?
- I know the blockchain, but does it know the real application scenario?
- Babbitt Column | Stanford: 2019 Blockchain Social Impact Report
- Ling listening | "V God" is not God: Vitalik Hangzhou line 48 hours close-up observation
- In order to verify the credibility of the data, Dell, the Linux Foundation, etc. jointly developed a distributed platform.
Listening to the whole process, I seem to have found the "blockchain certainty" that belongs to me.
I remember in the movie "Chinese Partner" that Meng Xiaojun asked everyone to describe that era. They said "chasing, longing, ideal, impulse, freedom, hegemony" and so on.
Meng Xiaojun said, "The most important thing for our generation is to change, to change everyone and everything around us. The only constant is the courage at this moment. If we can do this, we will change the world."
China in the 1980s had just experienced a cultural baptism, and young people's depressed thoughts began to pour out. At the time when China and the United States established diplomatic relations, the idea of "independence, freedom, and equality" infiltrated in the United States. Young people began to accept new things, learn English crazy, and dreamed of going abroad.
At that time, "going abroad to study before returning to start a business" became a generation's dream-building journey.
What era footnotes are we facing now?
1) Sino-U.S. Trade frictions are constantly escalating, the world political and economic situation is erratic, and the world ’s people who have been suppressed for a long time under the hegemony of the US dollar are overwhelmed. The major powers have successively deployed digital currencies such as Libra, DECP, and ECB to try to use the digital economy to rewrite the world ’s political and economic structure.
2) Internet thinking has penetrated into all aspects of life, including portal websites, e-commerce, social software, smart phones, mobile payments, short videos, O2O, sharing economy, etc. However, the “traffic dividend” has hit the ceiling under the information explosion. The individual entrepreneurial motor under high-saturation competition in the oligopoly is facing a flameout. Moore ’s Law, which leads to the exponential growth of productivity, is about to expire. time.
3) The trend of blockchain thought is slowly blowing along with the spring breeze of industrial blockchain. The trend of data "assetization" will be on the fast train of 5G and AIoT and gradually penetrate into a wide range of application scenarios such as finance, people's livelihood, and government affairs.
It is no exaggeration to say that this round of blockchain ideological trends, like the Internet opportunities faced in the 1980s and 1990s, will also open a page of magnificent new chapters.
At that time, they learned English, studied abroad, learned advanced foreign maturity models, moved back to China to start a business, and then gave Chinese characteristics. They took advantage of the situation and "successfully" accidentally. As long as you go out, "success" is a high probability event.
Now, why aren't we in the midst of a wave of successful digital economic transformation with great probability? In the words of Tang Xialing, you just need to bring curiosity and courage.
On October 24, the country identified blockchain technology as a breakthrough in the next generation of core technologies. Affected by this, in the next few days, the mainstream digital asset market rose sharply, and the Baidu search index of hot words such as blockchain and bitcoin has also increased by dozens of times.
To be sure, this is a great benefit across the ages, and it is not an exaggeration to call it the "reform and opening up" of the new digital era.
However, many people only narrowly saw its short-term boosting effect on the market, and as the market fell back again, the excitement and joy that had originally disappeared again.
This is because they cannot understand the real intention behind this move of the country and the determination to implement this strategic plan next.
In my opinion, the country's move not only expresses its attitude of seizing the high ground of the world's digital economy strategy, but also indicates the general trend of China's economic development in the next 10-20 years.
Over the past 20 years, the country has strongly supported Internet innovation and entrepreneurship. Not only has it cultivated head-end technology companies such as Huawei, Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu, JD.com, Weibo, Today's Headline, etc., but also made the tertiary industry the core engine of national GDP growth.
However, in the past three quarters, the national GDP growth rate has been reduced to about 6%, and the per capita GDP has exceeded $ 10,000. This means that, like most developed countries, China's economic growth will face structural adjustments in the next few years. In the past, the "fast era of wealth explosion" that relied on investment in fixed assets such as real estate will gradually evolve into a "hard time to make money" that is dependent on human capital such as the service industry.
Looking back on the development of the Internet in recent years seems to confirm this. We have seen countless difficult moments such as a thunderstorm of P2P financial companies, a wave of layoffs by Internet giants, a wave of bankruptcy in traditional manufacturing, and a decline in the valuation of Internet companies.
In the final analysis, this is the underlying logic of the country's economic development. At the same time, we have also changed the wealth growth methods, asset appreciation channels, career development trajectories, etc. of each of us.
From the perspective of large-scale economics with me, you must understand the strategic significance behind the country's promotion of "core technology of the blockchain."
In the next three to five years, with the support of successive policies and favorable trends, the blockchain circuit is bound to erupt a new wave of entrepreneurship, and we can feel slowly in it.
In the past two months, the entire digital asset market has been uneven.
Government units around the country have issued policies to gradually crack down on illegal and illegal phenomena in this field: CCTV leads major mainstream media to report on blockchain chaos; police and judicial authorities have launched compulsory checks on hundreds of domestic virtual currency trading platforms. Internet platforms such as Weibo and WeChat have also begun to block Weibo accounts, WeChat public accounts, and WeChat mini-programs involved in the promotion of virtual currencies.
Recently, the China Securities Regulatory Commission's Beijing Supervision Bureau issued the "Reminders on Further Preventing the Risks of" Virtual Currency "Trading Activities", which once again clarified the regulatory attitude in order to prevent any speculative virtual currency publicity and sales behavior from resurgence.
It's clear, and it's supervision. Okay, how about supporting the development of the blockchain industry? This left many people in a state of confusion and anxiety.
From a longer-term perspective, this is the way in which local governments are paving the way for further policy support plans.
Only by completely eradicating the fraud and chaos in the blockchain field and returning the industry to healthy development, can we provide a large-scale environmental support for the real "regular army" to enter the field.
The "regular army" here refers to the "entrepreneurial" force that responds to the regulatory call to explore landing value applications in various vertical industries, including some chain enterprises that have "recruited" from the current blockchain ecosystem. Of course, more are coming soon. You transformed from the Internet circuit.
Alibaba CEO recently mentioned in the sharing of Lakeside University that the strategy adopted by Ali in confronting rival eBay was simple and crude: "Everything eBay thinks is correct, we are against it, and all eBay thinks it is wrong, we support it".
This sentence reveals a disturbing fact.
In the past 10 years, the technical experience accumulated by millions of technology geeks and 40 million digital asset participants in the global digital asset market will become a historical fulcrum. The "regular army" entering the market next time is likely to adopt a completely different commercial design .
These ten years of barbaric growth have not only allowed the "regular army" to see the full picture of the utopian world of the digital industry, but also accumulated a lot of trial and error experience.
In the past 10 years, a large number of public chain projects have expanded on the impossible triangle problem of decentralization, security, and efficiency; a large number of DApp attempts in gaming, DeFi and other application scenarios; a large number of digital wallets and exchanges in digital asset deposit and withdrawal, Trading, contract leverage, staking financial management, and other financial gameplay tests.
To the next "entrepreneurial force" pointed out a more "definite" road:
1) The Token model is not mature and must be launched under a certain value anchoring standard. At present, a currencyless blockchain will be a better choice;
2) Assets on-chain cannot solve the problem of false information sources. You must do cross-validation work before you go on-chain;
3) Compared with the public chain, the alliance chain is easier to find application possibilities in vertical industries, especially the three core scenarios of supply chain finance, livelihood and government affairs;
4) Consensus mechanisms such as POW, POS, DPOS, and PBFT will continue to evolve. It is important to look at decentralization in the long run, and it is easier to be accepted by the market in the short run.
5) The entrepreneurial track of the protocol infrastructure layer is already crowded enough, and the expansion and application layer are waiting for the birth of killer applications;
6) The global flow of assets is not a good choice. Failure to be supervised means that it will always live in the gaps between the sun and the sky, making it difficult to grow.
7) The stablecoin is the only bridge connecting digital assets and the real world. There is still a great opportunity for a compliant and legal stablecoin market.
No one will go black on a road.
Those who are well versed in the industry's various pain points of the development of the old blockchain industry, and homeopathy may also bring a little prejudice to the blockchain newcomers, who will be the country to lead the next wave of industrial blockchain era leader. I don't know, but fortunately the direction is clear.
The eagle hits the sky, the bottom of the fish is shallow, and all kinds of frost are free to compete in the sky. Who is still so heavy?
So, what can we do to enter the blockchain industry?
This is a task assigned to me by a fan in the on-chain audience. I firmly believe that the blockchain field is the best entrepreneurial track for young people today:
1) There is a huge talent gap in the blockchain industry. Many people come up with the blockchain as an industry with a high level of technology and very high technical barriers. They think it is too difficult to do things in this industry. In fact, there is a huge talent gap in the blockchain industry. Nowadays, programmers are the main technical talents in the industry, but as the industry matures, the demand for talents in management, products, operations, marketing, marketing, and sales will gradually increase. Increase.
Unlike the Internet industry, which has a complex HR screening and hiring interview mechanism, most startups in the blockchain field are relatively small. Rather than strict professional skills requirements, what matters more is your courage, determination and interest.
2) There is a lot of room for growth in the blockchain industry. The blockchain industry spans multiple disciplines including computer, economics, finance, cryptography, and law.
First of all, to understand the bottom layer of blockchain technology, you have to learn asymmetric encryption in cryptography, understand the longest chain consensus of Satoshi Nakamoto, understand the basic principles of machine algorithm mining, and have to learn some basic Python and SQL. Programming language;
Secondly, to understand the financial innovation of blockchain technology, you need to understand how the shareholding system evolved, how much you need to know about the K-line technical indicators of market transactions, and the traces of the dealer's trading behind it. Business logic behind various financial applications such as derivatives and insurance;
Also, to understand the industrial landing value of the blockchain, you need to understand how 5G and AIoT can be combined with the blockchain to create more refined data. You need to understand how the data assets determine the rights on the chain. You even have to Understand the current pain points of the industry in various vertical industries, such as loan financing in supply chain finance, bank risk control problems, and so on.
That's right, this industry is particularly testing people's learning ability, especially the scarce compound talents.
You may find it difficult to learn these things, so I want to tell you that I have been involved in the blockchain industry for 2 years. This kind of difficulty can force you to grow and progress quickly, and big Internet companies rely on their academic qualifications to screen people, cut people based on age, and use radish to pit people. Is it not difficult to experience and use people?
3) There are many entrepreneurial opportunities in the blockchain industry. Internet entrepreneurship now relies more on capital and resources. The probability of ordinary users' entrepreneurial success has dropped to a very low level. The blockchain industry, on the contrary, has a large number of entrepreneurial opportunities and success possibilities. There is a misunderstanding in many people's consciousness. What else can blockchain do besides speculation?
If we think from an industrial perspective, we will have a completely different perception. The petroleum industry is very developed, but the petroleum industry chain design and exploration, machinery and equipment, rough processing, fine processing, gas stations and other possibilities, you do not need to dig oil, but this industry chain already has a lot of opportunities for you to choose.
In the same way, we cut into the blockchain industry and found too many things to do. For example, I am now doing blockchain value awareness evangelism in the amateur direction. I have cut in from the direction of education. Now there is a technical threshold for asset tracking. My security company selects from address labels, visualizes asset path display, and assists the police and justice. There is a way out in the direction of depositing evidence, etc. Now that DeFi products lack users, you can pinpoint a financial need, teach users to use digital assets to deposit and borrow, and so on.
Don't leave a message to ask me again, can Bitcoin dip into the bottom, I am even more convinced that the blockchain industry that is about to go from 0 to 1 to infinity is really at the bottom.
Young people who have just graduated come in boldly. Don't worry about middle-aged people over the age of 35. Those blue-collar and white-collar workers who are still doing traditional programmable professional positions and may be eliminated by artificial intelligence at any time, pay attention to the blockchain industry. Business opportunities.
Analysts often say that the next digital asset bull market may be the last chance for the grassroots generation to get rid of class solidification. To me, the road for grassroots to join the blockchain industry to get rid of class solidification has just begun.
The famous financial scholar Xiang Shuai mentioned an interesting thing in the APP's annual wealth report.
In a commercial and residential building in Shanghai Waihuan, from 2008 to 2012, the tenants of that building were all construction materials and decoration companies. From 2013 to 2017, they were almost all P2P, wealth management, and credit practitioners. 2017 -It was almost empty in 2018. By the end of 2018, this building began to be occupied by a yoga hall, a health hall, a gym, and a beauty salon.
Sometimes, we don't have to worry about why money is so hard to make, just look up and see what the people around are doing. Wealth growth cannot suddenly stop, it is just that the underlying logic behind driving wealth growth has changed.
I am looking forward to this period of 2020-2025, people who are engaged in blockchain entrepreneurship will live in this building. By then, the blockchain technology will blossom and bear fruit in various fields such as supply chain finance, people's livelihood, public welfare, medical treatment, access cards, government affairs, and the Internet.
Many friends in the circle of friends are reposting an article. The idea is that in 2019, Internet companies will be disappointing. In fact, we should realize that the contribution of the current Internet model to economic life is somewhat "skillless."
That's because the Internet is too coarse-grained from "free information" to "traffic dividends" to "shared economy." To the extent that free of charge has to pay the price of privacy infringement, traffic to a certain height will inevitably have the giant Matthew effect, sharing is essentially just a capital game.
In the era of the data economy, everyone's awareness of data property rights will be awakened. Blockchain technology will give the ownership of data assets, while avoiding a large number of data being copied and abused, allowing the data to achieve asset upgrades. Able to share dividends and benefits of data value.
At that time, the individual users who generate data, the product platforms that use the data, and the capital parties that use the data will derive a data value chain based on the data, and then let the economic life led by the data release greater energy.
As early as 2014, Schmidt, the former CEO of Google, pointed out: "Blockchain is an amazing encryption achievement. It can create irreproducible content in the digital world and has great value.
Of course, in order to realize the grand vision of digital assetization and usher in a programmable digital economy era, it is by no means an easy task. I am afraid that I will endure too much suffering and pain in the whole process.
However, I would like to give you a word from Cheng Dongqing in the movie "China Partner".
"What a dream is, a dream is something that makes you feel that persistence is happiness."