Satoshi Masamoto: 5 daily high-quality articles on cryptocurrencies
Today's content includes:
1 NFT composability and MetaVerse;
- Istanbul hard fork is coming, but Ethereum 2.0 is still 10,000 miles away
- Depth | Block rewards are about to be halved, is BTC still safe? (on)
- An in-depth interpretation of Ethereum 2.0
- 26 industrial parks, 30 billion funds, the most comprehensive summary of blockchain policies across the country
- Summary of Special Subsidy Policies for the Blockchain Industry in 10 Cities
- Wuzhen • Tencent Blockchain Cai Weige: Application into the outbreak period, how to achieve the link from the chain to the chain?
2 A year in review of token economics;
3 Money On Chain- Defi ambition based on RSK;
4 7 ideas that will change cryptocurrencies in 2020;
5 Binance 2020 New Year's Message: Building the Foundation.
NFT composability and virtual time-space set
This article is the annual summary of the author of NFTY (NFT Weekly), although his weekly report has not been updated for some time. This article summarizes his favorite things in the crypto world this year.
Open issues regarding composability in 2020 (enhanced interaction between applications):
– Does an application-specific blockchain make composability irrelevant?
– Does the lack of an appropriate standard for IBC (for example, the ERC721 standard for all application-specific blockchains) make it meaningless?
– What is the composability business model? Why build a product on top of an existing product when you can create your own and potentially gain more value?
Potential MetaVerse in the next decade (Metaverse is a collection of virtual time and space, consisting of a series of augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and the Internet (Internet).) How to achieve it. The first iteration of MetaVerse is more likely to not include a blockchain. Facebook, SnapChat and Epic Games are the three leading candidates in this regard.
– Horizon is the MetaVerse that Oculus tried on Facebook.
– Snapchat quickly built the product from its products by releasing Snap Maps, Bitmoji Games and Bitmoji SDK.
– Epic Games has created an ultimate publishing platform with a target audience, but what's the next step? How did Fortnite evolve into MetaVerse?
My public question on MetaVerse:
– Similar to the real world, will MetaVerse suffer from rich and hyperinflation? Will it happen at an unprecedented, accelerated rate?
– What role does blockchain play in MetaVerse?
– Does MetaVerse require composability?
Full text link: https://nfty.substack.com/p/thoughts-and-open-questions-of-crypto
A year in review of token economics
The author's subtitle is to highlight some of the best token economy and token economy practices in 2019. The more interesting part is "the most powerful token model in 2019". The author lists the performance of some favorite token economies in 2019, and also mentions "growth first, token second".
The best part of Binance Coin (BNB) is that BNB has an expanding list of use cases because it is given a central role in every new area the company enters. The top priority of the BNB case is the destruction of the team on a quarterly basis. As the exchange continues to operate, as time passes, scarcity increases.
Synthetix (SNX) One of the things we love about Synthetix tokens is the ability to earn exchange transaction fees for sUSD, thus creating a clear evaluation model for the tokens. Coupled with the potential of the DeFi and derivatives markets, this agreement provides a clear value proposition for the agreement. In addition, the team did not choose to write the token economy in other white papers like other teams, and then never mentioned it, and it took strict and continuous iterations of the token economics to find the correct formula for success.
Nexus Mutual (NXM) If you are a DeFi optimist, the value proposition of Nexus Mutual is very clear: As the value locked in DeFi grows, the value of insured capital will also grow in parallel. In terms of NXM tokens, the most interesting aspect is the use of the Bonding Curve to establish a transparent token valuation. Similar to Synthetix, Nexus Mutual has been looking for an iterative token model and an entire reciprocal insurance model.
MakerDAO (MKR) Dai ’s surge has driven cash flow into the MakerDAO system to consume MKR. With the growth of Dai, the demand for MKR has been continuously generated and the scarcity of MKR has increased.
Growth first, tokens second Many popular blockchain projects have flourished without issuing coins. Examples include Compound, Uniswap, and Gitcoin. All three projects are of high value and a user base has been established, all of which have not created local tokens. Once the foundation is laid, the question becomes: "How can we further inspire this community?"
Once a group of users are actively using the product without pure monetary incentives, it becomes much easier to consider which operations can optimize its advantages. As we move into 2020, we encourage you to pay attention to teams that are seriously working to re-examine their token economy. More importantly, pay close attention to the team that is delivering the product without having to worry about the accumulation of native token value.
Full text link https://tokentuesdays.substack.com/p/a-year-in-review-token-economics
7 ideas that will change cryptocurrencies by 2020
This is a group of experts from Decrypt that these 7 ideas will make headlines in the cryptocurrency space in 2020.
1) Some countries will announce their own digital currencies. It looks like things will accelerate this year. Countries such as the UAE, Japan, Sweden, Russia, Estonia and France have all announced their own nationally regulated digital currency plans. In France, for example, they hope to start laying the groundwork by the end of the first quarter of 2020. However, it looks like China may be faster.
2) The company will also adopt the blockchain plan JP Morgan Chase, large companies such as Wal-Mart, AirAsia, Mitsubishi and Tencent are exploring digital assets. Some come first. French financial giant Société Générale has been busy building securities tokens for its bond business. "As blockchain technology shifts to enterprise production, we are likely to see huge commercial expansion.
3) Bitcoin halving mining reward will be reduced from 12.5 BTC (about 90,000 US dollars) to 6.25 BTC (about 45,000 US dollars). In the last two halving Bitcoin mining rewards (in 2012 and 2016, respectively), the price has increased (though not necessarily soon). But bitcoin has underperformed in 2019, and many believe that 2020 will be different.
4) Ethereum 2.0 The next iteration of Ethereum has two broad goals: the introduction of the PoS consensus mechanism, the termination of the network's use of energy-intensive workload proofs, and the introduction of the long-awaited sharding technology to help the speed and throughput of the network the amount.
5) DeFi adult decentralized finance or DeFi performed well in 2019. One of the main growth areas expected for DeFi in 2020 is the diversity and complexity of financial instruments.
6) Blockchain will get more display at the Olympics. Mitsubishi Estate, which manages nearly one-third of all buildings in Tokyo's business district, has partnered with electronics giant Fujitsu during the one-month sports event. Provide blockchain-safe data sharing between restaurants, hotels, and other companies. The future host, Paris, has also been discussing the implementation of its blockchain until the 2024 Olympics.
7) Regulators will work together as countries like France and China compete to produce their own digital currencies, and the legal industry will not fall behind.
Full text link: https://decrypt.co/15352/2020-predictions-blockchain-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-ethereum
Money On Chain- RSK-based Defi ambitions
Max Carjuzaa, co-founder of Money On Chain, shares the story of using RSK to build a stable asset platform. The introduction of Bitcoin into the Defi ecosystem this year is a relatively hot trend, and this article is also relevant.
Money On Chain is a stable asset platform that can issue stable currencies based on cryptocurrencies. We know Bitcoin is great, but for many uses it has volatility issues. We solved this problem by implementing smart contracts using RSK technology.
With the support of Bitcoin, the agreement consists of four tokens, which provide several use cases for Bitcoin holders, including leveraged Bitcoin operations. The first token was the on-chain dollar (DOC). Users can quickly send and receive any number of DOCs (tokens pegged to the value of the US dollar). The second token is BitPRO (BPRO), which is specifically designed for Bitcoin holders to earn passive income on their tokens. BPRO holders have several sources of income: they receive a certain percentage of platform fees, interest rates, and small leverage on the price of Bitcoin. The third token is BTC2X, a token for traders who want to trade at twice the price of Bitcoin. The on-chain currency (MoC token) is the fourth token. It aims to manage a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO)
In the second phase, the project plans to implement a stablecoin pledged by Bitcoin in products on the retail market, and launch the Eurochain, Real chain, Peso Mexican Peso chain, etc., which will be linked to different fiat currencies, and Use Bitcoin as collateral.
Full text link: https://defiprime.com/moneyonchain
Binance New Year Message 2020: Building the Foundation
This is a letter issued by CZ on behalf of Binance. On the same day, Coinbase also issued a similar letter. I personally think that the version of Binance is better. I will explain in more detail the business direction of Binance and the development direction of blockchain. There is too much politeness and reasoning. The summary of the past year is nothing more than pen and ink. I like their outlook on the future more:
One of our main goals for 2020 is to bring encryption to the masses. We aim to achieve fiat currency entry into cryptocurrency transactions for more than 180 fiat currencies. We further decentralize ourselves from all aspects of team structure, work location, operations, products and services. We are even drafting a new incentive mechanism to replace the traditional ESOP. We hope to fully open source Binance Chain and Binance DEX in 2020.
We firmly believe that 2020 will be the year of adoption. Governments around the world will adopt cryptocurrencies. Some are looking for ways to adopt existing cryptocurrencies, some plan to issue their own central bank digital currency (CBDC) with different degrees of freedom, and we are also seeing many traditional financial institutions entering this space. Many payment service providers who are unwilling to provide services to cryptocurrency companies are now eager to do so. What we see now is a game, not resistance.
By 2030, not only blockchain and cryptocurrencies will still exist, they will be everywhere. The cryptocurrency will be used to pay for the autonomous driving version of Uber. Cryptocurrencies will be used to buy goods from half the world and deliver them to you via drone. Cryptocurrencies will be used to fund biotechnology research. Cryptocurrencies will be used to fund ambitious projects such as going to Jupiter. The blockchain will be used for identification and have appropriate privacy controls. The blockchain will be used for election voting. Blockchain will be used for large-scale adoption of decentralized social media without worrying that the platform will randomly close the accounts of millions of followers. Blockchain will be used to track public project expenditures. And much more …
Full text link: https://www.binance.com/en/blog/419417682154909696/Binance-2020-New-Year-Message-Building-Foundations–