The famous French thinker, Rousseau, is known as the leader of the Enlightenment, and has made outstanding contributions to human development and social progress.
Rousseau first wrote "On the Origin of Human Inequality" in 1755, praising the natural equality of human primitive society, and pointed out that once it entered the state of society, it would fall into the abyss of evil and suffering.
- Depth | Legal and regulatory allowance, why hasn't Japan succeeded in an ICO?
- Science and Technology Daily: Be wary of changing the blockchain into “blocks”
- Thailand will launch blockchain electronic visa application to improve the security and speed of visa applications
- Libra Association Vice-Chairman: Planned for European regulatory approval next year
- Market potential exceeds 10 billion enterprise blockchain track surge
- Blockchain reshapes human community ecology: evolution from social, community to community
However, in 1762, Rousseau published the famous "Social Contract Theory". In the book, he praised the state of society and believed that human behavior was endowed with unprecedented morality in the state of society, although compared with The state of nature has lost a lot of freedom, but has gained greater convenience and gains.
In just 7 years, Rousseau's ideas have been upgraded and iterated, transitioning from a pure utopian vision to a social system that is based on checks and balances of "public opinion is the democratic right of people."
Some people say that Rousseau's ideological planning is contradictory, but I am afraid that only he himself knows that any guiding ideology is to guide people to a better life, not to maintain the immutable nature of the "ideology".
In today's blockchain world, there is also a Diss chain with different ideological and political views.
On the one side are worshipped fundamentalists represented by geeks, who firmly believe that the products and services under the blockchain technology must have the characteristics of "willing to resist government censorship, decentralization, and anonymization" embodying free will. They don't consider the "alliance chain" to be a blockchain.
The other side is a blockchain industry ideologist represented by value applications. They are even more convinced that blockchain technology must find a landing point in combination with various vertical fields, and ultimately promote the improvement of social organization efficiency to be valuable. In their view, the pure public chain is just a utopian world built by a few geeks.
In my opinion, both the public chain and the alliance chain are just the landing method of the blockchain technology, not the core contradictions. The problem lies in the guiding ideology.
The blockchain industry is now at the turning point of fundamentalism and the trend of thought in the blockchain industry.
The word "fundamentalism" has a certain religious flavor, and Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc., as we know it, follow such teachings.
They believe that in the ever-changing world, we must always stick to the same things.
In religion, what is constant is God and Buddha. In the eyes of blockchain fundamentalists, what is constant is the original intention of Satoshi Nakamoto to invent Bitcoin, which is "Chancellor onbrink of second bailout for banks". A sentence in the Bitcoin genesis block means that the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer is on the verge of implementing a second round of bank bailouts.
Some people think that Satoshi Nakamoto originally invented bitcoin to protest the inflation caused by the government's misuse of banknotes, but the answer given by Satoshi Nakamoto is that bitcoin is a peer-to-peer electronic cash system and can be independent of any Third parties conduct autonomous transactions.
And after that, Satoshi Nakamoto disappeared mysteriously. No one can tell exactly what his original intention for creating Bitcoin was, and whether Bitcoin looks different from what it was.
In the subsequent wave of blockchain technology, everyone scrambled to inherit the will of Satoshi Nakamoto, that is, Bitcoin's "open transparency, immutability, anonymity, decentralization" and other characteristics, and regarded it as a blockchain The "fundamentalism" of technology.
It stands to reason that Bitcoin is by far the oldest, strongest consensus, and even the most mature market. It is not wrong for everyone to shape it into an industry benchmark and abstract its technical characteristics as a "fundamentalist" belief.
But just as technology always leaps into growth at some point, everyone's universal values of technology should be upgraded in a timely manner, especially when some old technical standards cannot adapt to the actual environment or even create development resistance.
During the brutal development of the blockchain industry in the past 10 years, "fundamentalism" has indeed achieved indelible feats.
1) Early Bitcoin audiences were small. Evangelists such as Bitcoin Jesus and the crypto-punk community expanded the population base with the idea of "fundamentalism," laying a solid foundation for Bitcoin to build worldwide consensus.
2) Since then, many people have used bitcoin open source code to "hard fork" at low cost, and a number of digital assets have appeared, including Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, BSV, etc., and "fundamentalism" has become Weapons that geeks guard the core position of native Bitcoin.
3) Within a few years after the advent of Ethereum, people found that Token can be copied on a large scale based on smart contracts, and the consensus mechanism can also be upgraded and evolved on the basis of POW. Even inflationary tightening models, token issuance, and mining methods can be based on Community consensus optimization and adjustment. When massive blockchain projects are created and there is no uniform value anchoring standard, "fundamentalism" has become the criterion for judging whether a project is good or not.
Interestingly, the word "belief" we heard when we entered the blockchain industry actually contains the shadow of "fundamentalism."
The belief of the first batch of technical geeks was to achieve Hayek-style freedom and romantic feelings through cryptography; after the establishment of the mining and mining industry, the belief became a psychological soothing agent against the fluctuation of currency prices. Now let's talk about faith, but it has the charm of being awarded the Old Leek Medal. Well, whether everyone's dream of getting rich depends on your faith.
In fact, both "fundamentalism" and "belief" express the most primitive awe of everyone in a rapidly growing unknown field. But as the market matured, fundamentalism began to be given a derogatory color, and the word "belief" was also played out.
Why is this happening?
It is very simple, because the blockchain market we are in has grown, and we need more objective and rational value perception to support all our decision-making behaviors.
In the article "Bottom Logic of the Development of the Blockchain Industry in 2020" , I explained the three underlying logics of the next evolution of the blockchain industry: 1. From technology leadership to market penetration; 2. From token drive to value drive; 3 From ecological construction to industrial mix.
In the past, fundamentalists said that their technology is very advanced, and everyone must follow it. But now, beyond the blockchain industry technology, the market and operations are more important. In the past, fundamentalists said that their token distribution mechanism is open, equal, and transparent. However, the ecology turbulent at the moment needs to be rebuilt in an order. Fundamentalism previously said that its consensus mechanism is strong and its niche cannot be shaken. However, what the blockchain industry needs right now is the outdated and new, and only the combination of industrial advantages can break the situation.
You see, the growth logic of the blockchain industry can no longer tolerate "fundamentalism."
If you don't think so, we might as well analyze them one by one:
1) Anti-government censorship characteristics: I typed these words out, and I am trembling when I read them. Globalization characteristics have given blockchain projects resistance to regulatory review barriers, but they have also made it difficult for them to integrate into mainstream markets and can only be separated in different countries.
This is somewhat similar to today's dark web market. When the Dark Web was born, it was also necessary to build a free and open virtual kingdom. Whether you are a trafficker or a noble elite, you are just a virtual vest on the Internet. However, as more and more people started to access the Internet, the anonymous nature of the Internet began to evolve into a paradise for crime. The U.S. government has no choice but to enforce a strong regulation of the Internet, requiring electronic communication service providers to submit private personal data to the government. This helped push the Internet into the world of ordinary people, and finally integrated into traditional economic life, becoming an indispensable existence for people.
Facts have proven that it is difficult to grow a market with absolute freedom and disorder. By observing this free feature and working towards a utopian world, it will only confine the blockchain to a super niche industry. The current public chain is likely to become a "dark chain" in the future blockchain world. .
2) All data must be on the chain: In the blockchain world, on-chain means that it has the characteristics of "anonymity and tamper-resistance" given by nodes on the chain, a world that circulates on a simple chain, such standards are understandable, but if To integrate into the social and economic system, we will face a series of embarrassing problems:
In the end, no one can ensure the accuracy and legality of the information on the chain. Once the offenders fabricate false or criminal transactions on the chain, will the public chain stubbornly safeguard the on-chain rights and interests of the offenders? Now the dark web world is full of a lot of yellow, gambling, and poisoning transactions. If the public chain does not restrict it, it may become an accomplice that breeds the dark side of society;
Secondly, it is not necessary to have all the information on the chain. The blockchain itself is a distributed database system. All data on the chain will cause the system to face problems of slow transmission, verification, and right confirmation, which is not conducive to its popularity in various application scenarios. In fact, data contains two parts of information and property rights. As long as the final accounting transaction is on the chain, the guiding ideology of trying to upload the entire data to the chain is wrong. Of course, worship fundamentalists believe that if the data is not all on-chain, after the ownership is established, if the data off-chain has been tampered with, the significance of confirming the right will no longer exist. This concern is correct, but a more necessary solution than all data on-chain is to establish a cross-validation mechanism for off-chain data.
In the eyes of tech geeks, "code is law" is everything that can't be beaten. In the past, the blockchain industry was a technology-led industry. Tech geeks played the leading role, set the rules, and guided the industry forward. But for 10 years, the liberalism that technocrats have embraced has not become a standard and rule in society.
Li Fei, the readers on the chain, shared a point of view with us: Many people who do public chain projects earn luck by speculating and hoarding coins. Now they do public chain projects, preaching that their technology is aggressive, but there is no such thing at all. Meet the challenges and blows of the Internet giants in the open circuit.
If we look at the companies that are currently climbing at the top of the Internet pyramid, Ali, Tencent, Baidu and other companies will find that technology is never a barrier, but the aggregated connection of upstream, downstream, and market resources.
In summary, it is not difficult to see that fundamentalism applies only to the early stages of the development of the blockchain industry.
With the advent of the industry blockchain trend, the "blockchain industry trend of thought" will take the stage of history as a new guiding ideology, and will lead the blockchain industry into the next round of compliance, marketization, and industrialization. Mass outbreak growth.
The blockchain industry trend of thought will take value applications as a breakthrough point, with the goal of solving and optimizing the cost efficiency of traditional vertical industries, and cooperate with the technological development in various fields of 5G and AIoT, until a new data asset programmable society is constructed.
Our society is now highly Internetized, and few people have heard of the term Internet thinking, but time goes back to seven or eight years ago, Internet thinking is a hot word that almost everyone will talk about.
How does Internet thinking change society? The core is actually three points: 1. The Internet has a wide and wide population and channels; 2. The Internet is more sticky to establish new media relationships; 3. The Internet is more cost-effective for entrepreneurship and employment.
The blockchain industry trend of thought must introduce the current utopian blockchain niche market into the mainstream mass society, and it must also address the following three major issues:
1) Whether the threshold for participation and the cost of starting a business are low enough. It should not be too technical, so that ordinary users are not aware of it and cannot participate in it;
2) Whether the integration and replacement process with traditional industry is smooth. You ca n’t come up and play revolution, subvert, and be a barbarian at the door of traditional industries. Only by cutting in as a friend can you be happy;
3) The problem of slow economic output of the blockchain industry should be addressed. The Internet has created a fast era of information explosion by copying information on a large scale. The blockchain will usher in a slow era of rebuilding trust and connection value by refining data. The transformation of the Internet to traditional industries is a big change, and the economic benefits are also fast. In contrast, the blockchain industry has a slow economic benefits output.
Fortunately, these issues and challenges will be addressed and tried to be solved one by one by the industrial blockchain in the next market deepening process. Just as the Internet mindset is completely integrated into our lives, why bother to fight overnight.
A very interesting story is told in the long-form science fiction Kirinyaga.
In order to get rid of the lack of happiness caused by the pollution of modern society and the lack of satisfaction of the people's material desires, the protagonist of the story, Koliba, built a utopian world on an artificial asteroid based on the prototype of the primitive African tribe. He used modern medical science, astronomy, and other sciences to disguise the sorcery and magic of the traditional old society, and used advanced treatment technology as a sorcery to treat the people. He used computers to control the asteroid orbit to call the wind and rain to induce the people to consider themselves as gods.
But the good times didn't last long. Because a human maintenance spacecraft accidentally fell on this artificial planet, humans randomly sent a doctor to easily cure the pilot. This made the people on the planet aware of the truth about Krieba's witchcraft and magic, and no longer believed in Krieba's rule, and this utopian society declared its disintegration.
This story tells us that if "old-fashioned" fundamentalists persist in resisting or even defying the changing needs of the times, they will eventually be abandoned. After all, people don't need gods, but only a better life.
Why would anyone go against the tide of the times and stick to fundamentalism?
1) Fundamentalists have certain epochal limitations. Just like we now sigh why Song Jiang led the heroic heroes of Liangshan to die for a lingering and dying dynasty incapable and treacherous, and they felt stupid. But if you lived in that dynasty, you are likely to make the same choice.
2) The worship of fundamentalists is often a vested interest. If you tell us, we can reconstruct a bitcoin that meets the needs of the current era, which can carry the large-scale payment needs of human beings. But the premise is that ordinary people did not have the opportunity to participate in the early stage, and it would destroy or even replace the existing Bitcoin. How many people will support the arrival of this new project? Although we do not admit it, we may all be conservative fundamentalists in the eyes of later people.
We were originally aboriginals in the digital age and enjoyed the accumulation of wealth brought by the explosion dividends of native digital assets such as bitcoin. Instead of using these wealth, blockchain technology found value anchors in various vertical industries, but also fortunately the same wealth. The Big Bang repeats itself. In the Internet world, we have a more advanced level of database technology and data service business. We could have used borrowing power, but we were paranoid and decentralized. In a utopian society far from the general public, we are intoxicated.
Blockchain technology can help the Internet industry make another leap in the next wave of the digital economy, and the Internet industry struggling in mixed order also calls for the maturity of blockchain technology.
As the aborigines of the digital economy era, if the people in our circle are still trapped in the old and pedantic fundamentalism, it is no exaggeration to say that it is like returning to the era of Kong Yiji in Lu Xun's works.
What an era is that, "I want to eat people and I am afraid that they will be eaten by others. They all look at each other with great suspicion.
Fortunately, new trends in the blockchain industry have already emerged, and news of the blockchain technology's landing in various vertical industries is coming soon.
An abominable fundamentalist and a lofty idealist.
After chaotic development in the past 10 years, they have made various new breakthroughs in the technology layer of the blockchain, tried various possibilities and impossible, tried the loneliness after being prosperous, but when all this disorder comes to order, At that time, past successes and failures will become the new infrastructure of the future.
Riding the tide to break the tide, Yang Fan set sail just in time.
Standing on the shoulders of giants, it was time for us to build the foundation, build the beams, and build the skyscrapers.