CME Group's option products based on Bitcoin futures are officially launched.
According to the official website of CME, the exchange launched options products to meet traders 'growing interest in cryptocurrencies and customers' needs for managing Bitcoin risk tools. The value of this option is based on the regulated CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) and is settled with the actual Bitcoin futures traded.
The market has been paying close attention to CME's bitcoin futures options products. JPMorgan Chase recently reported in a report that the market has high expectations for CME Group's Bitcoin options. High expectations. "
- Bakkt physical bitcoin futures contract is launched soon, trading margin requirements surfaced
- Weekly Bitcoin Positions Report | Many types of accounts show a bearish attitude and further callback danger signals appear?
- Bitcoin options are coming, will Bakkt help or help?
- Broker giant TD Ameritrade supports, ErisX will open bitcoin futures trading at 10pm tonight
- Bitcoin Position Weekly: Does the retail bullish sentiment reach a historical high? Will the truth belong to the majority?
- Institutional investors continue to lurking, it will take time for bitcoin futures trading volume to recover
Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, managing director of JP Morgan Global Market Strategy, said that there are signs that institutional investors are ready for the launch of CME Bitcoin futures options.
According to data released by CME on Friday, open positions in its futures contracts have increased by almost 70% compared to the end of 2019, which is only lower than the peak at the end of June last year.
According to data on the total trading volume of bitcoin futures products compiled by crypto derivatives data analysis provider Skew Markets, the trading volume of global futures products exceeded the $ 20 billion mark in just one day on January 8. Skew said that because the statistics are not exhaustive, the actual transaction volume may be higher.
In addition to CME, the Bitcoin derivative exchange FTX also launched its own Bitcoin options product last Saturday.
FTX's option products have a strike price of $ 12,000 a month after the Bitcoin block reward was halved in May. The call option for this price is $ 430, which means that by investing $ 430 now, you can have the right to buy Bitcoin for $ 12,000 in June.
Author Liang CHE
This article comes from bitpush.news. Please reprint the source.