CME Group's option products based on Bitcoin futures are officially launched.
According to the official website of CME, the exchange launched options products to meet traders 'growing interest in cryptocurrencies and customers' needs for managing Bitcoin risk tools. The value of this option is based on the regulated CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) and is settled with the actual Bitcoin futures traded.
The market has been paying close attention to CME's bitcoin futures options products. JPMorgan Chase recently reported in a report that the market has high expectations for CME Group's Bitcoin options. High expectations. "
- Babbitt column | On-line physical delivery bitcoin futures, can Bakkt detonate the new bull market?
- Galaxy Digital and XBTO participate, Bakkt Bitcoin options contract completes first block trade
- As bitcoin skyrockets, large traders are becoming bitcoin futures "big shorts"
- Application of a Class of Trading Ideas in the Design of Quantitative Strategy for Bitcoin Futures
- Bakkt tested the settlement of Bitcoin futures products on Monday, Ethereum or became the next "favored target"
- Bakkt physical bitcoin futures contract is launched soon, trading margin requirements surfaced
Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, managing director of JP Morgan Global Market Strategy, said that there are signs that institutional investors are ready for the launch of CME Bitcoin futures options.
According to data released by CME on Friday, open positions in its futures contracts have increased by almost 70% compared to the end of 2019, which is only lower than the peak at the end of June last year.
According to data on the total trading volume of bitcoin futures products compiled by crypto derivatives data analysis provider Skew Markets, the trading volume of global futures products exceeded the $ 20 billion mark in just one day on January 8. Skew said that because the statistics are not exhaustive, the actual transaction volume may be higher.
In addition to CME, the Bitcoin derivative exchange FTX also launched its own Bitcoin options product last Saturday.
FTX's option products have a strike price of $ 12,000 a month after the Bitcoin block reward was halved in May. The call option for this price is $ 430, which means that by investing $ 430 now, you can have the right to buy Bitcoin for $ 12,000 in June.
Author Liang CHE
This article comes from bitpush.news. Please reprint the source.