On January 19, Peter Schiff, a well-known cryptocurrency skeptic and gold supporter, claimed on Twitter that he has lost access to his Bitcoin wallet and that the wallet password is no longer valid.
Schiff added that his BTC is now essentially worthless and has no market value. He also added:
"I know holding Bitcoin is a bad idea, but I never realized it was so bad!"
- Why do you believe that Bitcoin is worth nothing, no matter how you say it?
- After a lapse of five years, the United States updated the cryptocurrency tax rules, still did not figure out the airdrops and forks?
- Opinion | 2020, which real use cases will drive the rapid development of the cryptocurrency field
- Encryption Currency Whale Deep Research: Manipulating the market is a misunderstanding, and there are people doing charity
- Digital asset management chaos: institutional chaos recovery
- Bitcoin is 11 years old. Has he grown up?
Find out the truth
After Schiff tweeted about his loss, the crypto community quickly came out to find out the truth about BTC's loss. For example, Morgan Creek Digital co-founder and partner Anthony Pompliano asked if he had forgotten his password, and Schiff replied, "My wallet forgot my password."
Pompliano then asked Schiff to email him directly:
"This (wallet) software just executes commands given by humans. It can't" forget "anything. Send me an email and I will do my best to help you recover the lost Bitcoin."
However, as Schiff responded , BTC really seems to be gone forever:
"Eric Voorhees created the wallet for me, and he even thought I could do nothing. But if you have any ideas, you are welcome to try them."
BTC Price Skepticism
Schiff is known for his outspoken criticism of cryptocurrencies. Just before the New Year, he claimed that unlike all other asset classes, BTC would not rise at the end of the calendar year.
In late November last year, Schiff claimed in a debate on Twitter that the price of BTC would drop to $ 1,000 to "complete this model (BTC will not rise at the end of the calendar year)."
Original link: https://cointelegraph.cn.com/news/peter-schiff-lost-his-bitcoin-claims-owning-crypto-was-a-bad-idea
More information: CointelegraphChina or login https://cointelegraph.cn.com