On January 31, the Hyperledger Alliance officially released version 2.0 of its enterprise distributed ledger (DLT) platform, Hyperledger Fabric . It is reported that this version adds several major functions and improves communication between different participants. the way.
Hyperledger Fabric is one of the main projects of the Hyperledger Alliance. As a private or "licensed" blockchain network, it is currently mainly used in industries such as finance and supply chain. So far, Fabric has received support from Alibaba, AWS, Azure, Baidu, Google, Huawei, IBM, Oracle, Tencent and other Internet giants.
- World Bank Organization: Blockchain – a new trust machine?
- Monetary Authority of Singapore: We use distributed ledger technology to solve real-world problems, not technology
- French central bank deputy governor calls for the establishment of a settlement and payment system based on DLT technology, and open trial of blockchain technology
- Three drafters talk about the first financial blockchain specification: the central bank recognizes the blockchain, and the industry no longer grows savagely
- Bank of England Governor: Distributed ledger technology has the potential to unlock the liquidity of billions of bank funds
- Echo | Vernacular Balance Sheet: What does it have to do with distributed ledgers?
The 2.0 version of Fabric has ushered in the following improvements:
- New chaincode lifecycle management: The redesigned chaincode lifecycle management process introduces decentralized governance of smart contracts. Before interacting with the ledger, the new Fabric chaincode lifecycle allows multiple organizations to participate in the chain. Agreement on code parameters (such as the chain code approval strategy);
- New chain code application mode for collaboration and consensus;
- Data privacy on a need-to-know basis: Organizations can now choose to share data privately with specific members of their direct network;
- New external chaincode launcher: This feature allows operators to build and launch chaincode using the technology of their choice;
- New Raft consensus;
- Performance improvements: including parallelization of tasks and more efficient program flow, allowing the network to support thousands of transactions per second;
Comments from members of the Hyperledger Alliance
For the official release of Fabric 2.0, members of the Hyperledger Alliance have expressed their views, such as:
"The release of Hyperledger Fabric 2.0 is an important step for the development of distributed ledger technology (DLT). It was developed based on feedback from actual use, including improved chain code management capabilities and performance enhancements. DTCC and Hyperledger The cooperation allows us to bring the expertise and knowledge of DLT internally, and at the same time to contribute our experience and progress on enterprise-level projects with the DLT community. We look forward to continued cooperation around Fabric 2.0 and with the Hyperledger Alliance. " — Rob Palatick, Chairman of the Super Ledger Alliance Board and Managing Director of DTCC
"IBM is excited about this key milestone in the Hyperledger Fabric development lifecycle. We are proud to be part of the collaborative development community and we are eager to upgrade the IBM blockchain platform to take advantage of new features and Improved performance. "-Jerry Cuomo, Vice President and Researcher, IBM Blockchain Platform
"The release of Oracle Fabric 2.0 is very exciting. Hyperledger Fabric is the foundation of Oracle's blockchain platform. The new features in this version will directly benefit those who want higher data privacy features, higher performance, and a decentralized consensus mechanism. Customers. I also think that the update of the chain code and the new decentralized governance model of the organization-specific extension will bring greater flexibility and help to the chain code update process in the alliance environment. These practical improvements will help To accelerate the adoption of Fabric by our corporate customers and government organizations. Oracle is very bullish on Hyperledger Fabric, and we would like to congratulate the Fabric community on achieving this important milestone. "-Mark Rakhmilevich, Oracle's Senior Director of Blockchain Production Management
As an enterprise-oriented product, Fabric features asynchronous upgrades, which is similar to how mainstream software works.