Source: Sina Finance
According to foreign media reports, according to data provided by crypto data analysis company Chainalysis, the Ponzi scheme and other cryptocurrency scams involving bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies received at least $ 4.3 billion from investors in 2019. This is more than the sum of 2017 and 2018 ($ 3 billion).
In response, Keynesian economist, New York University professor and "Doctor Doom" Nouriel Roubini commented on Twitter:
- Former Bakkt CEO becomes U.S. Congressman, Chief Product Officer takes over
- US Treasury Secretary: No longer talk about Bitcoin in 10 years, guarantee not to buy Bitcoin
- Report: Bitcoin is growing at an incredible rate and can surpass Visa in 10 years
- Bitcoin: 2020 debut
- Babbitt weekly election 丨 FCoin came to an abrupt end after a thunderstorm; "Mentougou" bitcoin whale lost thousands of bitcoins
- August 14th market analysis: Gold fast diving with BTC?
Only $ 4 billion? It feels like it should be $ 40 billion, because the entire junk coin market is a scam. In 2019, cryptocurrency scams involved more than $ 4 billion. The Ponzi scheme is the latest form of Bitcoin scams, and large platforms like PlusToken have attracted most of the funds.
Chen Sijin, author of Weird Wall Street and Weibo V, said that he highly agreed with Nouriel Roubini's views.