The epidemic is looking at the demon mirror, so that all the demons and ghosts have prototypes, so they pay more attention and are disturbed.
SARS coincided with the outbreak of the Internet. Driven by media pressure, the country recognized the need to include Internet tools in its governance system.
The new crown of pneumonia is coming. This time, the country's epidemic early warning system, media public opinion environment, and public welfare services have suffered an unprecedented stress test. At present, digital governance will also be included in the country's next stage of governance system.
- Heavy | China Telecom Releases 5G Era Blockchain Smartphone White Paper
- Trillions of market opportunities in blockchain under new infrastructure wave | Roundtable
- At the 5G Chain Network Industry Innovation Summit, consider the impact of super-smart rise on 5G, artificial intelligence and blockchain
- Viewpoint | Blockchain technology has become a new impetus for the development of "new infrastructure"
- Why 2020 Central Document No. 1 ranked blockchain ahead of artificial intelligence and 5G
- Countdown to 5 days, 5G chain network (global) industry innovation summit highlights ahead of time
In my opinion, after the epidemic, the country will accelerate the advancement of digital governance and the rapid integration of 5G, the Internet of Things and the blockchain industry, just as the country vigorously develops the Internet after SARS.
After the SARS epidemic 17 years ago, our biggest gain was not the victory over the SARS virus. In fact, no special medicine against SARS has been developed so far.
What we have really gained is a wave of "Internet-based politics" based on the Internet.
During the SARS disaster, our society's economic life, medical system, people's livelihood services, and public opinion governance have all faced greater pressures of "stability."
After SARS, the government received the "people-oriented" revelation: on the one hand, government information began to become open and transparent, and the work and service processes of party and government agencies and government departments were transformed by the Internet; on the other hand, the State Council promulgated the "Regulations on Public Health Emergencies" ”To establish an emergency system across the country, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Health Supervision Institute, the emergency center, and the public health center.
This allows ordinary people to gather people's wisdom through the Internet platform, make suggestions and make full use of their democratic rights to participate in politics. A netizen investigation team was set up in Yunnan to participate in the investigation of the "Hide the Cat" incident; three senior netizens in Luoyang, Henan were inaugurated as representatives of Renshi; every two sessions, mainstream websites such as Xinhuanet, People's Daily, and Tencent also launched "I have a question "Ask the Prime Minister", "People's Political Consultative Conference members" and other interactive platforms.
In the many years since then, this system has played a great role in many natural disasters after SARS, including the bird flu in 2006 and the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008.
Why did this governance system fail in the face of the "Wuhan epidemic"?
In my previous article, "Reflecting on the epidemic in Wuhan, the National CDC's early warning system implemented the" upgrade "", I pointed out that the old CDC reporting system and the top-down decision-making system existed. Fundamentally inefficient. Essentially, this is a race between the spread of the epidemic and the efficiency of the decision-making process of the competent authorities. The gap between the two will evolve into a mass of dissatisfaction under the unprecedentedly active public opinion environment of the mobile Internet.
In fact, after removing the influence of conspiracy theory and gossip, rational analysis shows that the Wuhan epidemic has exposed two problems: 1. pressure on limited medical resources; and 2. cross-infection under the indiscriminate isolation of a large number of suspected cases.
To put it bluntly, the speed of spread of the epidemic far exceeds the maximum capacity that the local medical system in Wuhan can carry.
Under such circumstances, the government has also proposed a province-to-city governance strategy to target the epidemic from a variety of levels. How the results have been confirmed by further data, but in terms of the current emergency strategy is still worthy of praise, it is not wrong to say that there are high-level people in the government.
We can see that in addition to the worst-hit areas in Hubei, other provinces and cities in the fight against the epidemic, public security, community governance, people's livelihood services, disease source blocking and other measures are remarkable. According to the data of various cases disclosed so far, many new cases in provinces and cities have an inflection point. This is achieved under the huge pressure of the 5 million Spring Festival population in Wuhan. We ca n’t help asking While blame the emotions, you must see the positive side of the current epidemic prevention and control.
But from another perspective, there is also a lot of room for "upgrading" in the poor governance of the iceberg in the epidemic:
1) The emergency utility of the epidemic warning system. It is precisely because of the poor efficiency of the reporting and approval system and the top-down decision-making mechanism that viruses spread throughout the country through the Spring Festival. Among them, the poor initial governance of the Wuhan government will naturally inevitably blame it, but the problem of the organizational efficiency reform of the disease control and early warning system is also urgent. The emergence of the early warning system itself is to avoid and reduce risks. Naturally, the issue of efficiency should come first. It is now in the era of the Internet and big data, and the early warning system is still stuck in the collaborative link of "people". It should not be;
2) The problem of excessively granular epidemic data. Although mainstream media such as Tencent have opened a special page to update the real-time tracking data of the epidemic situation disclosed by the national and local health commissions, this data can only aggravate everyone's anxiety from the results. In fact, what people need more is how to avoid the virus. Retransmitted data. This needs to solve the problem of too coarse data granulation, and use more refined data to help users stay away from virus sources. For example, community maps of confirmed cases, shared confirmed cases, and GPS positioning of confirmed cases. It should not be difficult to do this at the current stage of smartphone popularization and identity real-name coverage. In fact, there are similar auxiliary tools provided by social forces, but we need to see the determination of the country, right?
3) Governance of rumors and rumors on Internet public opinion. The rumors are often born when official news is still pending. If the official media information is not disclosed in time, the rumors will come out to fill the gap. This kind of gossip is a black market for information, and it is easier to get widespread publicity. In addition, under the current mobile Internet network environment, self-media has become the main channel for people to obtain news. WeChat public accounts are basically private domain traffic. After a message is issued by a large number of hundreds of thousands of fans, it can exceed 100,000+ in an instant. Its spread is flat and fast. When the relevant departments reflect that the news has spread through the network Kailai, I will delete the post again at this time. I am afraid that the rumors have also been "acted."
In fact, looking at the carrying capacity of the People's Daily, everyone still believes in the credibility and dissemination of official media. If the official dissemination of news information can be done in a more timely manner, and can be accurately covered in layers, the problem may be solved. For example, through the use of big data to screen netizens for corresponding news pushes, some of the Internet angry youths mainly promoted positive and positive energy rescue information, while some rational netizens disclosed more of their current difficulties. In the end, everyone has been criticized for the problem of one-size-fits-all deletion of posts, which is essentially caused by the lack of data and refinement of the governance system for news communication.
4) Transparency of social donation funds. In the face of this epidemic, large domestic enterprises, celebrities and many enthusiastic people have shown a positive enthusiasm for donation, including overseas Chinese who are also concerned about the domestic epidemic situation. Yesterday, I saw the news that a Chinese Australian put their masks on their seats and brought them back to China after buying a ticket. I saw tears in my eyes. I never doubted the unity and cohesion of our nation. In this case, how can the Red Cross not handle the distribution of relief materials for everyone, how can it not be cast aside by public opinion. After all, the original intention is to do good, and no one wants to feed the dog with blood.
To solve the problem of material flow transparency and distribution efficiency and reasonableness, it is necessary to face a quick-distribution governance problem on the supply and demand side. This requires that every bailout and material can be digitized, and the actual hazard needs of the victim demand side must be digitized as much as possible. Only in this way, as a center for the gathering and distribution of materials, can the rescue be implemented in a transparent, fair and efficient manner.
You see, the public opinion sentiment raging and fermenting under the epidemic situation is basically due to the rejection reaction caused by the flattened viral spread of mobile Internet news and the mismatch of national modern governance capabilities.
How to upgrade this governance system? There is only one answer: digital governance.
Academician Zhong Nanshan said that after SARS, several major outbreaks and bird flu, the government's information disclosure was very timely, and the government's decision-making and investment in people's livelihood were inclined.
In fact, in the context of the Internet before 2014, government transparency has undoubtedly worked. At that time, the mobile Internet had not yet emerged. The public obtained information mainly from traditional Internet portals or forums. The dissemination of information relied more on the exposure and recommendation of the focus of the platform. The content was basically reviewed before being displayed, and the media could control public opinion in an orderly manner. .
With the rise of the mobile Internet, the way voice and video record life has reduced the cost of everyone's participation in the Internet. The platform relies only on artificial intelligence to assist in the review. From the release of 100,000+ to the official intervention and control, daylily is cold, and the breadth of the spread has already spread. Our current public opinion environment is out of control, and it is obviously impossible to rely on the traditional centralized opening model.
In the era of mobile Internet big data, we must keep up with the times and use new digital governance capabilities to reduce the possible friction between public opinion shells and national governance.
When Trump was running for president, he hired a big data company called Cambridge. This company collected 90 million people's online social data, gave users a portrait of the data, and learned about the voters' personality, preferences, and political positions. Then he sent poisonous chicken soup to the Internet, telling them that Trump can make America great again, while pushing intellectual elites with rational economic and social analysis, and supporting Democrats with negative information about the Hillary family.
You see, Trump is the master of digital governance of public opinion, and the smart ruling party should apply big data collected from the people to the people to maintain social stability.
Mr. Tu Zipei said in his third chapter of "Big Data Civilization" that the rise of the Internet, algorithm technology, and artificial intelligence has exploded human data capabilities, and the world has presented us with unprecedented clarity. before.
The country is laying 4G and 5G base stations, covering cameras, sensors, etc., and implementing comprehensive data collection. Data has become a symbiotic system for human society, and people are generating data all the time. But big data alone is not enough. The reason why the value of data is currently lacking is because: 1. Data ownership is difficult to divide; 2. Data is easy to copy in large quantities at low cost and unlimited.
This is why the country clearly has the ability to collect big data, but cannot reasonably and efficiently use the data.
This requires a tool that can verify and verify the complex data generated by hundreds of millions of users. 1. Add identity and timestamp to the data to verify its uniqueness and give it value; 2. In the process of data dissemination, it is open and transparent, cannot be tampered with and can be traced back to determine its ownership.
As mentioned at the beginning, this tool is exactly blockchain technology.
On October 24 last year, the state made the top-level design breakout and defined the blockchain technology as a core technology breakthrough. On January 17, this year, the State Council issued the "Guidelines on Supporting Deepening Reform and Innovation of National New Districts and Accelerating High-quality Development. The Opinions clearly stated that it is necessary to accelerate the development of blockchain technology and industrial innovation, explore the "blockchain +" model, and promote the deep integration of blockchain and the real economy; February 5, 2020, the first document of the Central Government was officially released. Clearly point out that the application of modern information technologies such as the Internet of Things, big data, blockchain, artificial intelligence, fifth-generation mobile communication networks, and smart weather in the agricultural field will be accelerated, and a national digital village pilot will be launched.
The context is actually very clear, the country is actually prescient, and has long been implementing the application of blockchain technology.
Before the outbreak, everyone analyzed the reason because the country wanted to use the digital economy and society to make the RMB and the US dollar chamber that dominated the world heal. This is an ambition to establish the status of national science and technology development abroad, and it is bound to be obtained.
After the epidemic broke out, everyone really understood that this is actually the key to the country's use of blockchain technology to improve the country's digital governance level and resolve the contradiction between organizational operation efficiency and social governance difficulties.
Why is it blockchain technology?
1) Blockchain technology can help transparent government processes. In the past, the governance model of online political affairs told us that the government only emphasized that information was open and transparent. The public did not want the government to feel transparent, but the public felt that the data was transparent. Because the government had been transparent in the past, the results were transparent. As for what happened in the government process, the public did not know. Blockchain technology can put some government affairs processes on the government affairs chain, which links are stuck in the process, and which levels have problems, can be clearly displayed. In fact, the significance of openness and transparency in government processes is far greater than the transparency of the results themselves, allowing the public to enjoy a greater right to know;
2) Blockchain technology can improve organizational collaboration efficiency. The state has been focusing on simplifying government affairs processes, reducing conference processes, shortening the process of document approval, and implementing e-government affairs. Under the influence of the Internet, the national government's administrative process has indeed improved significantly, but the absence of approval links does not mean that the approval process is intelligent. As long as there is subjective intervention by personnel in the middle, there may be efficiency obstacles. Blockchain technology can intelligently organize the organization and cooperation. Each approval link only needs to perform verification and right confirmation operations, and the rest are automatically processed by smart contracts. This can fundamentally improve the efficiency of organizational collaboration;
3) Blockchain technology can accelerate data assetization. Generally, the data that can be copied in batches cannot be assetized, and the blockchain can add special identity stamps to the data to make the data the only value asset that can be traded. A train ticket was just a voucher before the real-name system, but it became the user's travel data after the real-name system. Blockchain technology can recast attributes of coarse-grained data, so that the data has the key utility to help government decision-making, and also allow the data to excavate value in the business society and ultimately serve users. Because when the original data particles were coarse, commercial organizations secretly used the user's data. Once the data assetization system is realized with the help of blockchain technology, all this will change.
4) Blockchain technology can improve vertical industry benefits such as public welfare, people's livelihood, and finance. Blockchain as a low-level technology protocol can be integrated with traditional industries, and its distributed verification features, tamper-resistant features, transparency features, etc. are used to upgrade various vertical industries that have been criticized. For example, blockchain + public welfare can present the real-time flow and distribution of donated materials in multiple dimensions, which can release the enthusiasm of public donations. Blockchain + people's livelihood can reduce the intermediate process between national welfare and ordinary people, avoiding causes Corruption may exist in human participation, so that the welfare of people's livelihood can be implemented more efficiently. Blockchain + supply chain finance, small and medium-sized enterprises have always had difficulties in lending, and the loan approval process is complex. Blockchain systems can introduce a voting mechanism for approval nodes. To improve loan approval efficiency.
The Eighteenth National Congress of the Party proposed to advance the modernization of the national governance system and governance capabilities. The report of the Nineteenth National Congress of the Communist Party of China also considered and passed the Decision of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China on Deepening the Reform of the Party and State Institutions. , Scientific, standardized and procedural.
The country's next step is clear: apply "digital" governance capabilities to meet the arrival of a new digital economy and society.
In order to achieve this goal, the magical country in your eyes is likely to make a devil-like development in the blockchain industry:
1) After the epidemic is over, the state will take the lead in implementing the blockchain governance plan, exploring the possible implementation of blockchain + government affairs, blockchain + people's livelihood, and blockchain + supply chain finance. With the strong rhythm of the national team, blockchain technology will gradually be recognized by mainstream business societies, traditional companies, Internet companies, etc. will also scramble to recruit troops and practice blockchain +;
2) Not surprisingly, the country will accelerate the issuance of the central bank's digital currency DCEP. On the surface, DCEP will replace M0. In fact, it is to build the underlying infrastructure for the landing of blockchain technology in vertical industries. When everyone's mobile phone is equipped with a digital wallet that can transmit digital currencies, it will take the current niche market of blockchain to a new level.
3. With the continuous maturity and popularization of 5G and Internet of Things technology, the national digital governance capability will be enhanced, the goal of data assetization will be achieved, the digital economy and society in the vision will eventually come, and the blockchain technology will eventually be fully integrated. Every aspect of our lives. However, don't hesitate to achieve this goal. The deadline set by the country is around 2035. The Long March road has just begun. You and I have the opportunity to get on the bus at any time.
Premier Wen Jiabao once said that what a nation loses in a disaster will be compensated for in its progress.
Fighting the epidemic is a tough battle and an excellent opportunity for national self-examination.
May we all be freed from meaningless emotional vortexes and enjoy the warmth of big nations and small families; may we all be able to gain a deep insight from the moment of national crisis pause; may we all feel the pulse of the development of the times , Become the next wave of digital age.