The future of Ethereum determines the future of the blockchain?
In my previous articles, my top choices for long-term investments are Bitcoin and Ethereum. Bitcoin is because it is a symbol or belief of the entire blockchain industry, and its consensus is incomparable; Ethereum is because it represents the development direction and future of the entire blockchain technology.
Purely in the blockchain industry itself, there are currently many emerging areas that are attracting attention, such as sidechains, such as second-level extensions, such as cross-chain, but the development of all these areas can not lack a protagonist- — A universal blockchain platform that supports smart contracts.
No matter how brilliant other technologies are, they are only supporting roles in the role, and they cannot surpass this protagonist in meaning and status.
Since 2016, various star teams have frequently emerged to challenge Ethereum in the public chain field, and they have vowed to surpass Ethereum. These projects point out the various problems of Ethereum, and propose various innovative solutions to these problems. But unfortunately, no project has seen significant improvement so far.
- What exactly is Bitcoin, money, currency or value storage?
- From the perspective of investment, should we focus on business or technology? Babbitt Industry Welcome Class
- Chain Security founder Yang Xia talks about asset security issues that ordinary users should pay more attention to behind the whale attack | Chain Node AMA
On the other hand, Ethereum itself is constantly developing and improving. Under the leadership of V God, it has proposed the Ethereum 2.0 goal. This goal includes changes in the consensus mechanism, changes in the underlying architecture, and changes in transaction processing methods.
Along with these goals and changes, Ethereum 2.0 will introduce sharding technology, zero-knowledge proof technology and even anti-quantum attack technology. Any of these technologies alone is worthy of in-depth research in the industry.
It can be said that the changes and technologies covered by Ethereum 2.0 are unique in the entire blockchain industry. Almost all of these changes are unprecedented in the practice of the public chain field; all these technologies have never been so highly focused on a public chain.
It can be said that Ethereum 2.0 represents the future and trend of blockchain technology, and its success will directly affect the development and trend of the blockchain public chain and the entire ecology in the next decade.
Once it succeeds, it will allow the blockchain industry to create a substantive phase of value; but if it unfortunately fails, the next decade of the blockchain may we still explore and linger in the dark.
Every time I watch the latest progress of Ethereum 2.0, I feel like watching a palace fight drama, step by step, ups and downs. Sometimes I really sweat for it, I hope it is slower, more stable, and it can be silent, and it is amazing; but often I can't wait for the miracle to appear at an early date, sweeping the current industry's sluggishness and misery.
I don't want people to talk about digital currencies as speculation, contracts and leverage; talking about blockchain applications is betting and games.
Some readers will ask me how much Ethereum 2.0 has a chance to win? This question is difficult to answer, but if we ask ourselves from another angle: if we look around the industry, if Ethereum 2.0 fails, what other projects can succeed?
Ethereum 2.0 not only has the most powerful development team in the industry, but also brings together the essence of the blockchain since the birth of Bitcoin. In addition, the strong economic strength of the Ethereum Foundation is beyond the reach of other teams in the industry.
More importantly, Ethereum 2.0 no longer has unresolved issues in the theoretical demonstration, and the only remaining issues are engineering implementation issues. Even if there are no optimal solutions to engineering problems, some suboptimal solutions can always be found.
Therefore, the success of Ethereum 2.0 is a visible, but difficult and rugged road.
Many readers are concerned about the future price of Ethereum. I cannot make accurate predictions. One thing is certain: if the price of Ethereum cannot go out of the haze, the bull market will not come. (Author: Road Source: Road, said block chain)
- Bitcoin hits the 120-day bull-bear dividing line, and the overall market in March may open a bull market!
- Blockchain testing water judicial process, supervision technology needs to be improved
- KLM uses R3 blockchain technology to streamline intra-company settlement processes
- DeFi Monthly Report | bZx incident rethinking, what do DeFi oracles, insurance, and governance do?
- ChainNode Live Room | Derivatives track has become an industry consensus. Bitcoin will be up to $ 20,000 in the year?
- The epidemic is on the verge, and the era of large-scale landing of blockchain applications has accelerated!
- Bitcoin's Secret History: How does Satoshi Nakamoto view the controversial expansion?