The number of BTC nodes is even more than the number of active addresses of XRP.
Recently, an encrypted commentator observed that the number of Bitcoin nodes is even more than the active address of XRP, enough to highlight the huge difference in decentralization between Bitcoin and XRP.
Image source: GoodFreePhotos
As encryption commenter Kevin Rooke said in Twitter recently, the number of bitcoin nodes exceeds the number of XRP active addresses. The latest data shows that the number of Bitcoin full nodes is 9,567, while the 30-day average of XRP active addresses is 7,570.
- Blockchain data: CoinMarketCap launches Data Transparency Alliance
- Big slams have entered, Bitcoin will lose high volatility
- Beware of Yale and Harvard Endowment Funds, revealing the encryption investment "Prince" Paradigm
It should be noted that any computer connected to the Bitcoin network is a node, but only nodes that can fully verify all Bitcoin protocol rules can be called full nodes. All nodes download each block and transaction and validate them according to consensus rules. At the same time, the active address refers to the number of different sending addresses that have sent or received transactions in the past 24 hours.
However, software developer Matt Hamilton pointed out that since XRP Ledger's "destination tag" feature allows a single XRP address to have multiple sub-addresses, the actual number of active addresses of XRP may be underestimated.
A more direct comparison is to look at the number of active addresses for Bitcoin and XRP. In the absence of adjustment, the number of active addresses of Bitcoin is 100 times that of XRP . This shows that the number of people using Bitcoin for payment is much higher every day, although Bitcoin's transaction costs are much higher than XRP and the verification time is longer.
A similar conclusion can be drawn when directly comparing the number of nodes in two networks. The verifier in the XRP Ledger consensus algorithm RPCA is similar to the full node on the bitcoin network. XRP Ledger has 29 certifiers on its default unique node list (UNL), which are selected from a pool of certifiers with 139 certifiers. Bitcoin has nearly 10,000 full nodes, far exceeding XRP.
XRP Ledger is often criticized for its centralization, and most XRP tokens are owned by Ripple and insiders. At the same time, Bitcoin has been criticized for its large amount of energy consumption due to workload proof, but it has performed much better in decentralization.
The decentralization topic of Bitcoin and XRP continues, and the Hangzhou Blockchain Weekly Friends invites you to listen to the story of bitcoin and decentralization. Countdown to 10 days, now buy tickets reduced by 200, click to buy tickets: http : t.cn/EJSwdEj
- Buffett: Does Bitcoin produce no value? I think it is correct, but not all right.
- One hand Yangou IEO, Bitfinex LEO is not worth buying
- The dark night is approaching, DApp rivers and lakes staged a realistic version of "Wolfman Kill"
- Tether Chronicles
- Zhu Jiaming: The Digital Economy Fifty Years, From "Singularity" to "Big Bang"
- Market Analysis on May 5: A Brief Talk on the Similarities between the Current Market and the Beginning of the 17th
- Facebook data leakage victim: Since it is impossible to prevent data from being sold, it is better to sell it myself.