In last week's article, Dabai introduced "What is 51% of the power attack" . For the cryptocurrency using the PoW consensus mechanism , the miner masters the computing power of the blockchain by more than 50%, and can do evil: double-flowering, suppressing certain addresses to send/receive tokens, and so on.
Therefore, the size and distribution of the computing power of the whole network plays a very important role in the security of the cryptocurrency of the PoW consensus mechanism. If the power is monopolized by several giants, it is easy to have a 51% power attack.
- A story of a "Jesus" who initiated a 100-fold bet on Bitcoin and a preacher who advertised Bitcoin free of charge
- Buy and buy, bitcoin "geek whale" accumulated 450,000 bitcoins in less than 9 months
- The future of Bitcoin under the Great Depression
- The worry of the youngest millionaire in the history of Bitcoin: Lightning Network has caused BTC to lose its decentralization
- Market Analysis: There are more uncertain events. At this time, radicalism is no different from thunder.
- A woman in Xiamen strayed into the "bitcoin investment" scam and was cheated 360,000 in 3 days!
In the information about Bitcoin computing power, we often see " EH/S ", " P H /S ", " TH/S " and other units. What does it mean?
In "A classic story, let you learn Bitcoin mining in 3 minutes" , Dabai introduced to everyone that "digging" bitcoin is actually doing a hash operation on the six "Dragon Balls" in the block header. Greek value. “H/S” represents how many hashes the mine can do in one second:
Therefore, if we see that the calculation power is "50EH/S", it means that the calculation power is 5 times 10 and the 19th power (19 0s).
Currently, many blockchain browsers provide real-time power queries. According to the data on the blockchain.com website, the total network computing power of Bitcoin on May 4 is 48,003,251TH/S , which is about 48EH/S (18 0s).
In April this year, the latest generation of mining machine launched by Bitland , the ant mining machine S17 Pro, is said to have a computing power of up to 53TH/S in standard mode. If Dabai wants to launch a 51% power attack on Bitcoin by purchasing the Ant Mine Machine S17 Pro, Dabai needs to purchase at least 905,722 mining machines to reach the existing Bitcoin network computing power.
After reading the above data, do you think that it is cost-effective to buy a mining machine to launch a 51% calculation? why? Welcome to tell Dabai in the message area.
Produced|Baihua blockchain (ID: hellobtc)
『Declaration : This series of content is only for the introduction of blockchain science, and does not constitute any investment advice or advice. If there are any errors or omissions, please leave a message. 』