Ethereum Foundation announces details of planned use of $30 million in network development funds
In an official blog post on May 21st, the Ethereum Foundation announced a three-step plan detailing how to spend $30 million on Ethereum network development.
The classification of these three types of projects is: $19 million for future projects, $8 million for current projects, and $3 million for developers. Most of the funds will be used for the Ethereum 2.0 project, including customer teams, research, documentation and communications, and second-tier projects such as Plasma.
Introduced by Vitalik Buterin and Joseph Poon in 2017, Plasma is providing an expansion solution for networks with autonomous smart contracts. According to the white paper, Plasma is said to make "blockchains represent a large number of fragmented financial applications around the world."
- Why are blockchain projects frequently frustrated?
- The financing target fell to 150 million US dollars, and the market is adjusting the structure after the market recovers.
- Research: Bitcoin derivatives trade record
On May 10, the Ethereum Foundation announced its first budget of $30 million. Executive Director Aya Miyaguchi subsequently stated that the Foundation intends to introduce academic participation to Ethereum, which is said to attract top researchers and developers, and in turn to provide funding for academic teams and organizations.
As Cointelegraph previously reported, the Ethereum Foundation announced the “re-release” of its community site at the end of April, which claims to be a repository of community-created Ethereum content, such as documents and tutorials using Ethereum tools.
Remarks: Bitcoin86 manuscript article, please indicate the source. The article is an independent view of the author and does not represent the standing position.
- Is there a bookmaker in Bitcoin?
- Blockchain industry ushers in an outbreak
- Australian Computer Society publishes "Australian Blockchain Challenge" report
- Instagram data breach report proves that it should stay away from Facebook encryption project
- Expert: The SEC is still at the stage of collecting information on Bitcoin ETFs
- Coinbase's ETH trading volume hit a 17-month high, and history indicates that ETH will continue to rise
- Argentina: Bitcoin purchased for $20,000 is more than peso