Bitcoin.org received 14 bitcoins (approximately $122,000) in donations on Monday for daily maintenance of the site. According to Cobra, one of the owners of Bitcoin.org, this is the largest donation received by the site.
Bitcoin.org was originally created by Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto and one of the first developers to help create Bitcoin, Martti Malmi. The site is now an independent open source project and members of the Bitcoin community can contribute to the update of the site.
- BitMEX daily trading volume hit a new low in 2019, and market volatility may come soon
- Introduction | Briefly compare the data structure of Ethereum and Bitcoin
- BTC alone rose back to 10,000 US dollars, facing the daily resistance level
- Bitcoin market share accounts for up to 70%, what happens next?
- QKL123 market analysis | BCH, BSV halved before BTC, how do miners react? (0408)
- Why does Babbitt's weekly quotation suddenly disappear? Can the Bitcoin halving effect be fulfilled again?
The site is now owned by Michael Marquartt, the Themos, known in the circle, and a person named Cobra, who is also the owner and moderator of Bitcointalk.
For this donation, Corba stated:
“This is the largest amount of donations we receive. Usually we only receive small donations (less than $100) and occasionally receive more than $1,000. We have received a $40,000 donation. But recently this donation set the highest record."
He added that the money will be used to translate bitcoin white papers into more languages, provide new content, and create a new intro video. In addition, it will also be used to cover the server and basic maintenance costs of the website.
So, who donated such a large sum of money?
Is it the "guardian angel" of Bitcoin? Is it Nakamoto? We don't know anything about it at the moment.
"We don't know who contributed it. It's probably an early Bitcoin user who wants to make sure that Bitcoin.org is well funded and can continue to popularize Bitcoin-related knowledge."
"No matter who you are, thank you for donating 14 BTC to Bitcoin.org. We will use this money to continue to thousands of people in the world." In this circle, no other donation can be sponsored like support. All of these sites have such a big impact."