Today, the imToken security team received a user email report and the ETH in the wallet was maliciously stolen.
We first analyzed the stolen wallet address and found the stolen commonality – all stolen addresses were wallet addresses created using the MGC wallet.
In order to further determine the stolen money, we searched for information about the MGC wallet and also contacted the stolen user as follows:
- Telegram announces the Grams Wallet Terms of Service, and the encrypted wallet will be integrated into the messaging app.
- This is the basic ability to ensure that the cryptocurrency does not return to zero. Bitcoin also needs to be continuously improved.
- Getting started with blockchain | Single-chain wallet and multi-chain wallet
- The private key is handed over to relatives and friends for safekeeping. Are you assured of such a deposit?
- Survey: Apple App Store Cryptographic Search Results Rankings
- Read an article about the cryptocurrency smart wallet ecological forerunner
- User downloads use MGC wallet to generate mnemonics
- The mnemonic generated by the MGC wallet is stored in plain text on the MGC wallet server, ie MGC is a centralized wallet
- The user imports the wallet generated by the MGC into the imToken wallet or other decentralized wallet, but the mnemonic exists in the server of the MGC project party, and there is a high risk of theft.
- All MGC stolen assets are regularly transferred to two stolen currency addresses.
The imToken security team is here to remind the MGC wallet users, please stop using the wallet generated in the MGC, generate a new wallet address in the imToken, and transfer the assets. If the MGC victim of the stolen coin is injured, please go to the local public security organ for an alarm as soon as possible.
For more details on the case, please click here.
Previously, according to the block report, the digital wallet MGC Token, which provides users with brick-and-mortar arbitrage services, was suspected of being stolen. A large number of users reported that the assets were stolen, and the assets are currently being transferred to the address at the beginning of 0x2B290. As of press time, the address has completed 40,000 small transfers, and the total assets are close to 3 million yuan. It is suspected that the team is running the money. According to the official announcement of MGC Token, "The current user feedback has a problem of losing money. Don't worry, we will compensate you for your losses as soon as possible. Please unbind the third-party wallet, such as imToken. We will give a solution within 48 hours." "At present, the Ethereum industry chain is unstable. If there is an asset transfer, please don't worry. We will do our best to solve the problem." For this announcement, the head of the imToken public relations said that the MGC Token has been marked as a pyramid currency by the system. Take the user to 挟imToken, threaten not to let the user use the imToken wallet, and said that the lost currency belongs to the issue of imToken. imToken advises the victim to call the police as soon as possible to avoid more losses. (Babet News)