This week, a report released by stock research platform Seeking Alpha said that Facebook's new cryptocurrency project can indeed promote the development of bitcoin (BTC).
Image source: pixabay
- Zuckerberg testimony (full text): The United States needs innovation, Libra is just a way of transferring money
- Summary of the latest analyst views: Facebook is about to issue cryptocurrency, what changes will it bring?
- Cai Weide: If Libra decouples the US dollar, the US will let it go to the market the next day.
- Analysis of the Internal Relationship between Facebook Libra Project and Sino-US Trade Friction and Coping Strategies
- Nobel Prize winner Stiglitz: The fool will believe in Facebook's Libra
- Read the article Facebook Libra will face at the US FSC hearing on Wednesday
By leveraging the existing theory of Libra, the social media giant of Facebook, this simple report suggests that mainstream consumer propaganda will eventually flow into Bitcoin.
This kind of attention will only help Bitcoin's price and its overall acceptance reach new heights, especially in the face of global market uncertainty.
Ryan Waldoch, author of the report, concludes:
“I believe that Libra will make users more inclined to use Bitcoin as a point-to-point payment system, and uncertainty in the global market is prompting investors to inject bitcoin as a means of value storage.”
Just the day before he made the above remarks, Arthur Hayes, chief executive of Bitcoin derivatives giant BitMEX, made a bolder statement.
This week, Hayes will have a head-on confrontation with the infamous bitcoin opponent and economist Nouriel Roubini. In an interview with Bloomberg, Hayes said that once Libra is issued as a token, he has only one prediction for Libra.
“I think this will destroy commercial banks and central banks,” he said.
According to Cointelegraph, Libra has received considerable criticism since Facebook released its white paper last month. The focus of attention is on its technical characteristics and data security, and the government may try to completely ban it. US lawmakers have asked Facebook to stop the development of Libra coins until the conversation is held.