Editor's Note: This article is a slideshow used by Ethereum developer Hsiao-Wei Wang to explain the Eth2.0 beacon chain and verifier at the 2019 Ethereum Technology and Applications Conference. It is worth celebrating that on June 30th, the technical details of Phase 0 have been basically determined.
This section briefly introduces the phased development goals of Eth2.0 and the system architecture of Eth2.0.
- Morgan Stanley acquires crypto-friendly brokerage firm E * Trade for $ 13 billion
- Speed reading | Can EOS and Cosmos be in the DeFi field and Ethereum
- Ernst & Young opens Ethereum private trading source code "Nightfall" to enterprises
- Do you believe? Ethereum is a technology that can change the rules of the game.
- Ethereum’s funding plan for the next year will be disclosed for the first time, ETH or Yingda will rise sharply
- Quote analysis: the battle against the digital frontier, the Fed is also ready to play coins
In Phase0 (Phase 0), the beacon chain is implemented as the core of the proof of equity. The slice chain is implemented in Phase1, but the slice chain at this time only saves the data and there is no corresponding state execution protocol. In Phase2, the state execution engine is deployed on the slice chain and cross-shard transactions are implemented. Subsequent phases are dedicated to developing more advanced features.
This section describes incentives for honest verifiers, including block proposal rewards (incorporating other testers' Attestation or Slashing Operation), Casper FFG rewards, and Crosslink (segment "cross-linking" rewards).
This section describes the entire process from the certifier's identity to the certifier's team. To become a verifier, first deposit a deposit in the Eth1 chain deposit contract, and then wait for an activation period; the verifier's job is to propose the block and generate an attestation; accordingly, these responsibilities also determine the verifier Under what circumstances are punished.
It is worth mentioning that whether you enter the certifier team or exit the certifier team, you need to wait for a while, in order to maintain the stability of the P2P network.
On June 30th, Phase0's technical specifications have been frozen and will not change much in the short term. This section also gives the next features to be implemented and audited.
Author: Hsiao-Wei Wang
(This article is from the EthFans of Ethereum fans, and it is strictly forbidden to reprint without the permission of the author.