Data Interpretation Holders reluctant to sell, Starbucks NFT series profitable across the board.Data Interpretation Holders unwilling to sell, Starbucks NFT series profitable overall.
Author: S4mmy.eth, Cryptocurrency KOL; Compilation: Felix, LianGuaiNews
In September 2022, Starbucks announced its foray into NFTs with the launch of the “Starbucks Odyssey” program, combining club membership with NFTs through Web3 technology to unlock new experiences. In December 2022, Starbucks introduced the “Starbucks Odyssey” loyalty program, allowing members to earn and purchase digital collectibles called “Journey Stamps”. These stamps can be used to unlock new perks and immersive coffee experiences. For example, members can use their stamps to get discounts on coffee, access exclusive content, and even win trips to Starbucks coffee plantations.
Every user who mints Starbucks Odyssey NFTs can earn profits. With only 0.42% of its 100 million customer base owning NFTs, there is tremendous growth potential.
- Governance Methods and Solutions of Four Platforms under Curve Liquidation Crisis
- Opinion Could Swell become a strong competitor to Lido?
- Coinbase’s estimated revenue for the second quarter of 2023 non-transactional revenue surpasses its transactional revenue for the first time.
Total on-chain market value is $9.4 million
21.1 thousand NFTs (stamps) have been minted
42 thousand owners
Secondary trading volume reached $2.6 million
The floor price of the Holiday Cheer series is currently $745, approximately 0.4 ETH.
The latest series (The Green Apron) was issued at a price of $100. Due to the qualification standards for minting, these NFTs have a premium on the secondary market. The minting has ended, and the floor price is $115. (Note: Starbucks will launch the classic “Green Apron” NFT series on the NFT marketplace Nifty Gateway on August 2nd. It will be open to eligible Odyssey members at 00:00 Beijing time on August 2nd and to the public at 03:00 on August 2nd. The series consists of 5,000 NFTs, issued on Polygon, priced at $100 per NFT.)
The commemorative Siren series has a transaction every few hours, with a price of approximately $300. This series was minted five months ago, but the trading price is still three times the minting price, outperforming many top NFT projects. (Note: Starbucks launched its first limited edition NFT series, “Siren Collection,” in March. The series consists of 2,000 pieces featuring Starbucks’ iconic mermaid logo, with each NFT priced at $100.)
The new Starbucks Odyssey loyalty program encourages the accumulation of points through “journeys” participation. Participants can get the next NFT in the series ahead of time. This is a clever strategy to encourage customer investment in the brand.
In addition, the threshold design is equally outstanding, and users can easily obtain it.
1) Register to join the Odyssey plan.
2) Set up an account using email/encryption wallet.
3) Purchase stamp NFT with legal currency or cryptocurrency.
This is similar to the Reddit model design.
Each minter is in an unrealized profit (unsold) state. The reason is simple, the market believes that the value obtained by holding NFT is higher than the price at the time of minting, and the collected stamps and the experience of redemption exceed the income from sales.
Clearly, Starbucks has successfully positioned the core audience resonating with this plan and will continue to launch more series to customers in the future. The points will restart in 2024, so as the date approaches, price adjustments may be seen. This model has great potential. If only 1% of the user group adopts digital stamps, it will be 24 times the current transaction activity. A thriving ecosystem intertwined with consumer goods loved by the existing user base.
- Why is Starknet friendly to blockchain games it reduces redundant calculations, thereby reducing gas fees and increasing TPS (transactions per second).
- Bloomberg Analyst Probability of Spot BTC ETF Approval Soars from 1% to 65%
- Podcast Notes | Conversation with Polygon Co-founder From Matic to POL, the endgame of Polygon 2.0
- After Bald quickly became the leader of running away, can Base ecosystem recreate the Meme craze?
- Breaking the dilemma of poor user experience How does intent computing change Web3 interaction?
- Bald Runaway How a Low-Level Scam Deceives Everyone
- Semafor US Department of Justice considering fraud charges against Binance